Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cross bones owners windshield and bags

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 12:52 AM
RAILROAD SAM
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cross bones owners windshield and bags

What has every body been happy with. I'm thinking about the windshield and the bags. Has every body been satisfied with the bags? And which windshield, the compact smoked one or the regular clear one. Eager to here feedback.

Thanks,
sam bradley
08 cross bones

Old 11-04-2008, 02:30 AM
Ole Coyote
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got detachable bags, but no windsheild. I just don't like the looks of a windsheild on the bike.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:30 AM
2099d
Cruiser
Thumbs up I got the bags..

I like the bags, I'm not gonna go with the windshield. Take away from the looks. For me anywaz. I'm still on the drawing board of what more i'm gonna do. But good luck with what ever ya do.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:06 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Been thinking about doing both...

I mean I might as well... I just bought my first pair of gay ***-less chaps in my life...

Guess I'm just becoming pussified and can't take all the $hit I use to...

Go figure...

Charlie D.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:36 AM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dbleagle
Been thinking about doing both...

I mean I might as well... I just bought my first pair of gay ***-less chaps in my life...

Guess I'm just becoming pussified and can't take all the $hit I use to...

Go figure...

Charlie D.
Are you freaking serious? chaps - gay?

Not sure what the weather get's like down there all year round but looking at it today you were still pushing 75 - 77.

Sorry bud but when I ride in 40 degree temps in the daylight I am gonna strap on some gay assless chaps so I can last longer than 10 minutes....

geeez... hard core bikers.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:04 AM
GymRat523
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No bags, never really used them on my last bike that much, a tall sissybar bag is fine for trips. I did go with the low profile windshield, for me it is a must for trips and cold weather. The low only comes to my chin which is perfect for me, I don't like looking through it but makes trips more enjoyable.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:46 PM
tnharley7
Road Captain

I went with the HD XBones bags and the tall detachable windshield. I like them just fine. I do want to get a quick detach system for the bags however, it just makes cleaning the bike so much easier being able to remove the bags easily. On the windshield, an old geezer biker I know told me once, if you are going to run a windshield then get the biggest most effective one you can...otherwise why bother. The taller windshield works great in the cold and on the interstates, etc. If I want to just run around town or shorter trips, it can come off in 2 minutes or less...best of both worlds. Just my 2 bits.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:37 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,220 Likes on 4,770 Posts

I don't have a Xbones but do have a Springer Classic and put a "Windvest" windshield on it and it works as good as the big Harley ones I had on it before but is about half the size and I think it would look good on a Bones. They retail for over $300.00 but I got mine on Ebay for $81.00. Don't see em too often for springers on ebay but they do pop up.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:11 PM
SAS
Tourer

Originally Posted by lionsqrne
Are you freaking serious? chaps - gay?

Not sure what the weather get's like down there all year round but looking at it today you were still pushing 75 - 77.

Sorry bud but when I ride in 40 degree temps in the daylight I am gonna strap on some gay assless chaps so I can last longer than 10 minutes....

geeez... hard core bikers.
You can say people are gay for wearing chaps but when it comes down to it...they are great to have on the cold days!!! Plus I dont get shrinkage

Old 11-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Chief X
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't imagine buying a bike like this and putting either on it...if you want a bagger, buy a bagger...just my 02 which ain't worth much these days...

Quick Reply: Cross bones owners windshield and bags