Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed the Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing on the Fatboy

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 08:47 PM
bigcajun
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that looks awesome. and not a bad price for it

Old 01-19-2009, 12:35 PM
GarboHD
Intermediate

Does this mount to the factory Harley mounts or do you have to change and put Memphis shade mounts. I would like to use the Factory windshield and mounts and just change to Batwing for long trips.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:51 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by GarboHD
Does this mount to the factory Harley mounts or do you have to change and put Memphis shade mounts. I would like to use the Factory windshield and mounts and just change to Batwing for long trips.
It uses the Memphis Shades mounts which are almos exactly the same as the HD. To have a quick change between the Fairing and a Windshield you will have to get a Memphis Shades "Fats" or "Slim" windshield and it would swap with the fairing in a minute, no tools needed.

I am kind of in the same situation I have my HD low Profile windshield and I think I will sell it on E Bay and if I want a windshield get one from Memphis Shades, they are much less $ than the HD shields and they are thicker. After you have the mounts (bolts and bushings) on the forks the Mempis Shades windshields are about $180.00 including all hardware to mount, the replacment shields are only about $ 100. Compared to HD full price at $370 +

Old 01-19-2009, 01:52 PM
C Clamp
Cruiser

Sure do want to see the pics of it off the bike. We were getting ready to drop 3-400.00 on a new windshield for the wife's heritage softail. Have the mounting hardware already on bike......

Old 01-19-2009, 04:56 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by GarboHD
Here are some more pictures of the Fairing and mounts

Attached Thumbnails Installed the Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing on the Fatboy-1.jpg   Installed the Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing on the Fatboy-12.jpg   Installed the Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing on the Fatboy-14.jpg  
Old 01-19-2009, 05:03 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by XARAN
Here are some more pictures of the Fairing and mounts
Acouple more

Attached Thumbnails Installed the Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing on the Fatboy-14.jpg   Installed the Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing on the Fatboy-19.jpg   Installed the Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing on the Fatboy-fairingfrontclose.jpg  
Old 02-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Danny D
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default FB fairing

Batwing looks great! I'll call Memphis when I get ready for my fairing. I won't miss the radio because I can't hear it anyway. It would have to be so loud to hear it over my pipes and the wind it would be obnoxious.
Thanks,
Danny D

Attached Thumbnails Installed the Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing on the Fatboy-rightside.jpg  
Old 02-21-2009, 01:49 PM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

Looks good.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Danny D
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went to the Memphis Shades website and I didn't see any fairings. Where did you find them?
Danny D

Old 02-22-2009, 10:51 AM
Ultra_Bob
Tourer

Originally Posted by Danny D
I went to the Memphis Shades website and I didn't see any fairings. Where did you find them?
Danny D

I got mine online from phat performance, took two days to get here with free fexex shipping.

Quick Reply: Installed the Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing on the Fatboy