Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would you buy a Screaming eagle Night Train or "Dark" harley?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 02:01 PM
raaaaaa
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you buy a Screaming eagle Night Train or "Dark" harley?

I used the night train as an example but any of the Dark custom bikes would do...like the
Street Glide
Night Rod
Cross Bones
Street Bob
Fat Bob

The question to you is would you purchase a Screaming eagle Dark Custom?

with that said, and with the mentality that black is the new chrome! would you expect to pay less that a Chrome Screaming eagle?

My opinion is that there should be a Screaming eagle Dark bike.
but being that it is new they should not try to tax the hell out of them when the first come out.
Now we all know that what a screaming eagle bike is, CHROME!
(obvious 110 engine as well) and that is how they promote Accessories is by dressing up a bike with the biggest and best parts available, in short it is a promotion tool. So being that they don't have allot of "black" accessories right now are we or should I say are they ready to "promote" a Screaming Eagle Dark?

it is obvious that the "black" or "dark" is very popular, and they are starting to release black parts as accessories, when and if they had enough dark parts to promote a bike do you think they would ever (economy or not) try this out?
the problem I think is that right now some people still think that black parts are not worth as much as chrome ones are.
on the other side of that coin do "we" as Dark enthusiest want the "black" parts market to get bigger and better thus fueling the mentality that we can now charge just as much for black parts as chrome ones....

what do you think?

Old 02-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Scheers44
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No way.......I'd Rather just get one stocker with a 110 motor!! Then do it up the way I want it done.. Lets be honest Harley has alot of nice add ons but there is alot more bad *** aftermarket out there... case in point Heartland Biker Kits and All Performance Machine Accessories...

Old 02-05-2009, 02:25 PM
raaaaaa
Road Master

Originally Posted by Scheers44
No way.......I'd Rather just get one stocker with a 110 motor!! Then do it up the way I want it done.. Lets be honest Harley has alot of nice add ons but there is alot more bad *** aftermarket out there... case in point Heartland Biker Kits and All Performance Machine Accessories...

I have to agree with you!!!!! right now aftermarket rules in the "dark" parts scene.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:25 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

definately would prefer to do it my way...buy stock and add

Old 02-05-2009, 04:28 PM
NixonWho
Tourer

Go with the after market product and give it your own taste of style. This is one of the reason why people say all Harley's are not alike. Each scoot becomes it's own individual character. Get stock, build on it and get ready to LOVE it. =)

Old 02-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

+1 on that, as my taste changes so does the bike. Can't wait till spring or the weather warms, need to ride

Old 02-05-2009, 06:10 PM
stratplexi
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,003 Likes on 516 Posts

I think you are right...I think they will do a dark custom Screamin Eagle bike. They will put a killer paint theme, darked out billet, new dark custom wheels, the 110, and something unique that makes it far different than the stock bikes. For example, they might put a 240 on a Night Train with a different rear fender. Harley realizes the dark custom line is fueling sales and it attracts a slightly different demographic than their other bikes. To expand sales it only makes sense to offer dark customs at all price points for all income levels. Everything from the new 883 Iron to a fully customized bike. They will not be for everyone but that is ok. Some folks would rather buy something nearly done than have to wrench. They only need to sell 2500 of them. My guess is we will see it next year.

On another subject, I am shocked we haven't seen a dark custom in the Touring lineup yet. I thought for sure the Road King Custom would be brought back as a blacked out version.

Last edited by stratplexi; 02-05-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

i think its only a matter of time guys before HD catches up and starts this trend.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:18 PM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I personally would not.
Black is only the new chrome to those who like black. I would say that black does not impress the majority of buyers or lookers, especially when black painted parts will fetch another 8-10 grand more in price.. It's sharp, it's different, but it doesn't have any "wow" factor to those who don't understand the dark look, and I doubt there would be many takers.
Nothing will ever replace chrome.

Myself, I love the NT, but I like my chrome also.

Last edited by George C; 02-05-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Cav Cop
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen a Nightster and a Night Train with all the Dark Custom parts and SE parts at a few dealers with Pipes/Intake. The Night Trains had custom paint jobs. Blacked out for the most with all the new harley parts, but the engines were stock.

Not a bad idea for Harley to do. Maybe a 'Dark Custom loaded' with a SE bored engine and all the dark custom parts...

Quick Reply: Would you buy a Screaming eagle Night Train or "Dark" harley?