Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deuce saddle bags ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Blackhawk357
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deuce saddle bags ?

How many of you Deuce riders put saddle bags on and travel?

I t's not a long trip to Sturgis for me, but I get tired of tying my luggage to the little sissy bar. I'm considering the leather bags, but not too sure of the look.

Any suggestions?

Old 03-26-2009, 09:33 PM
Olyone
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have learned from this site is that its all about what you like. Since you have Apes they might not look to bad. I just do not like the small bags for the deuce. I am thinking about bags for my deuce just for trips because there is now where to put anything. I have a little bigger sisssy bar and have tall gags.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:42 PM
tombeving
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a mustang touring seat that I use for trips. It has a higher passenger back rest so I can slid my t-bag over it a have it sitting on the pessenger seat. Then I use bungy cords to go from the t-bag to the passenger foot pegs. I can un-load my bike in two minutes.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:53 PM
Bull_Duck
Tourer

I have 100th anniversary bags on my 2000 Deuce. The Deuce is my daily rider to work. I carry things like cell phone, cover for the Deuce while it is sitting outside, wind breaker jacket, etc. My Deuce is pimped out with chrome and paint. But ultimately, the bike must serve a purpose for me. Without bags, it would not be convenient as a daily rider.

Instead of the Harley mounting brackets, you might consider "Ghost Brackets" or "Easy Brackets" They both allow quick detachment of the bags from the bike. The HD brackets I have are more permanent and more stable attachments; no quick on and off with the HD brackets. The quick off brackets allow your bike to have a clean appearance when the bags are off as in the below images.

Search threads for "Ghost Brackets" "Easy Brackets"

Old 03-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Darins Duece02
Stage IV

I have the bolt on Deuce bags on my 02 but my riding buddy has a set of quick detachable saddlebags that are really sweet and easy to take on and off

Old 03-27-2009, 04:47 AM
06DEUCE
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hate the way bags look! but If I have to hual crap on long trips I use my Kuryakyn grand throw over bags. they are much better than the hd bags, extra pockets, water bottle holder, 1/2 the price, no brackets, no tail light re-locate ect...

http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go...etail/IMID/694

Old 03-27-2009, 07:55 AM
cwsharp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 112 Posts

I would strongly recommend Boss Bags... they have a very clean quick release system, they aren't created for a universal application like the Harley bags are so they have much more storage capacity even though they don't look larger, and they appear to be well made. They are a little more expensive, but the ease of taking them off makes it no big deal to have bags on your bike only when you need them and then when you don't, you don't really notice that they have mounts on your bike. I saw them at Daytona Bikeweek this March and they have the cleanest release system I have seen yet.

C#

Old 03-27-2009, 09:31 AM
Blackhawk357
Novice

Thank you gentlemen.
I now have a place to start my research.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:33 AM
gp42gpw
Advanced

I put a Sac Bag on my backrest they make it exactly to fit a Deuce is works good and it's easy on and off.
check them out
Good luck
Glen
05 Deuce

Old 03-27-2009, 11:41 AM
AR-15 DEUCE
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice bike Bull Duck..I use a T-Bag by HD lots of room and easy on off..has a handle,so when I get off I just carry it like a duffle bag...IMO I dont like the looks of bags on a Deuce..only on baggers

Quick Reply: Deuce saddle bags ?