Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where to purchase 21" wheel for deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 10:14 AM
rayrayray
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to purchase 21" wheel for deluxe

I'm considering buying a 21x2.15 for my 08 Deluxe and was wondering if anyone can offer a place that I could buy one from. Every place I call wants $600 or more. Seems very high for 1 standard spoke rim to match my back stock rim.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:30 AM
netvampire
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 06-05-2009, 11:08 AM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I purchased mine through american classic motors which is a DNA 21x3 80 spoke(25mm bearing already in it) for $339.99. The only thing is that it took about 2 1/2 weeks to get. You might want to think about a wider wheel than a 2" wheel. Those 2" wheels look out of place under that FL fender...IMO..take a look at some pics of 2" or 3" wheels on this site and you can definately tell a difference. good luck

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 06-05-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:22 AM
rayrayray
Intermediate

I would perfer a 3" or 3.5" however, I've read that proper fitment whitewall tire isn't produced for this wide of a rim. I'd be concerned about putting a tube inside the tire to push out the wall to fit the wider rim, for saftey reasons of course. Does anyone have this concern or is it only me?

By the way BLKnCHRME09Deluxe, thanks for the help with regard to my fork tube rubbing my fender. I fixed by removing the back plate... The dealer torqed it to tight and twited the tube cover.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:31 AM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rayrayray
I would perfer a 3" or 3.5" however, I've read that proper fitment whitewall tire isn't produced for this wide of a rim. I'd be concerned about putting a tube inside the tire to push out the wall to fit the wider rim, for saftey reasons of course. Does anyone have this concern or is it only me?

By the way BLKnCHRME09Deluxe, thanks for the help with regard to my fork tube rubbing my fender. I fixed by removing the back plate... The dealer torqed it to tight and twited the tube cover.

Im running a 90/90/21WW avon tire with NO tube(tubeless) on my wheel. No issues at all. I even had my local HD dealer put it on for me.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:05 AM
Greco
Stage II

So if I was to purchase a 21" wheel...it should be 3 inches wide? How do the bigger wheels handle at freeway speeds and on turns?
Thanks in advance guys and gals.

Old 12-29-2009, 04:04 AM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Greco
So if I was to purchase a 21" wheel...it should be 3 inches wide? How do the bigger wheels handle at freeway speeds and on turns?
Thanks in advance guys and gals.
It's a matter of preference on rim width. Some like the wider rim with a stretched wheel, some like a narrower rim with a higher sidewall.

I've got a stock 2.15" HD rim on my bike, and it handles just fine at freeway speeds and in the turns.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Bugsplat
Road Captain

Purchased my Fat Daddy's directly from Sam at Ride Wright (they are not cheap - about $750/wheel. I agree with going with the wider 3-3.5" rim. I too was concerned about stretching the tire and they assured me that it posed no safety issue (Sam stated they would not do it if it did). The ride is very similar to stock - they mentioned that the skinnier front tire will tend to follow the road grooves but you get used to that pretty quick.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:22 AM
turbois417
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bugsplat
Purchased my Fat Daddy's directly from Sam at Ride Wright (they are not cheap - about $750/wheel. I agree with going with the wider 3-3.5" rim. I too was concerned about stretching the tire and they assured me that it posed no safety issue (Sam stated they would not do it if it did). The ride is very similar to stock - they mentioned that the skinnier front tire will tend to follow the road grooves but you get used to that pretty quick.
Sam from Ride Wright is a straight up guy, with great products. Give him a call and ask away. I'm sure you can find some great prices, but it's your front rim. I would suggest buying a quality rim and not some cheap knock off.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:37 PM
BigSeaDaddy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I picked up the 21" 2.15 Profile (smooth) Spoked rim that matches my rear rim for $175.00 off ebay. $130.00 for the Aveon WWW, $20 for the tube and $30.00 for the mount and balance. $355.00 for the whole thing I am just waiting to put it on after I install my chrome forks.

Quick Reply: where to purchase 21" wheel for deluxe