Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe vs Heritage questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 04:42 PM
quackrzz
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deluxe vs Heritage questions

Hey guys, what is the difference between the deluxe and heritage other than fenders? I am looking at a 2006 deluxe and 2006 heritage(not classic) Do the Deluxe's just use lowering bolts to get the lower seat height? The Deluxe is almost 2k more than the heritage so just wondering what the other differences are.
Thanks

Old 09-19-2009, 08:13 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior

nothing frame wise the deluxe has a stock lowering kit the heritage does not also bags and windshield. , diffrent seat .
get the heritage you will love the bags.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:53 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

yes get the heritage. but make sure it comes with a genuine HD bedazzler for studs...tons of differences between the 2 bikes. bar,taillights.seating,ride hiedth,tires,windshield/bags,floorboards,pipes,ect...and your most important decision...to stud or not to stud? But as far as stock styling goes you just can't pass up a deluxe. Good Luck...

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 09-19-2009 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:20 PM
quackrzz
Advanced

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
yes get the heritage. but make sure it comes with a genuine HD bedazzler for studs...tons of differences between the 2 bikes. bar,taillights.seating,ride hiedth,tires,windshield/bags,floorboards,pipes,ect...and your most important decision...to stud or not to stud? But as far as stock styling goes you just can't pass up a deluxe. Good Luck...
It is a 2006 heritage, not the heritage classic therefore doesnt come with the bags, windshield, or the bedazzler, which is fine with me

I have no clue how to post a pic but here is the link
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photo...ageSoftail.htm

Old 09-19-2009, 11:01 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by quackrzz
It is a 2006 heritage, not the heritage classic therefore doesnt come with the bags, windshield, or the bedazzler, which is fine with me

I have no clue how to post a pic but here is the link
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photo...ageSoftail.htm
in that case either or just about the same bike. Which one appeals to you? thats what you should get. My bike was calling my name...BUY ME U F'KN IDIOT!!! atleast thats what i heard....Good Luck with your purchase..

Old 09-19-2009, 11:08 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 815 Likes on 801 Posts

for 2k less them I'd go for the heritage.... Yes I have one and love it... for2k U can add all the accessories U want.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:18 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by oct1949
for 2k less them I'd go for the heritage.... Yes I have one and love it... for2k U can add all the accessories U want.
Yes, i actually do agree with oct1949. in my case i planned on changing around a bike to suit my style preference. For 2 grand cheaper? thats 2 grand more in parts i can buy.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:33 PM
gforrest2
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I amost got the Heritage Standard. I think it's got the best looking tank graphics. But not as much chrome and it also has the mill finish (silver engine). I think this bike was only available in '06. And as previously mentioned different tail light and turn signals, and no light bar up front. Very cool bike, and $2,000 can buy alot of goodies. Just my $.02.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:41 PM
hogowner69
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
in that case either or just about the same bike. Which one appeals to you? thats what you should get. My bike was calling my name...BUY ME U F'KN IDIOT!!! atleast thats what i heard....Good Luck with your purchase..
my bike was callin my name also when I saw it!!

Old 09-19-2009, 11:57 PM
Santo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not to many diffrences between the two. I also looked at both before settling on my deluxe and Im glad I went with it.The motor on the deluxe is mounted diffrently thats how they can give you the 24.5"seat hight. Both nice bikes but 2k is alot of clams, try them both what ever it is your looking for in a bike you'll find once you see and feel it. Keep us updated,good luck and ride safe.....

Quick Reply: Deluxe vs Heritage questions