Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Baggers Only...Pics please

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 03:16 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

It has been a while. My 09.

Attached Thumbnails Softail Baggers Only...Pics please-forumrunner_20150113_161532.jpg  

Last edited by golfblues; 02-12-2015 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:34 PM
henchmenjoe
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What headlight is that u used

Originally Posted by flsoftail

Thanks,
It looks like Black Pearl, but get ready, the color is "Black Night Metallic" rust-oleum rattle can with 3 coats of clear. Night Train emblems (the gray skulls on the emblems went well with the paint).
The only mod on the forks was I went with 30w oil, rides just as good as it did without the fairing.
These photos are a couple of months back, I will post some new pics this weekend.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:26 AM
flsoftail
Intermediate
Default Headlight

Originally Posted by henchmenjoe
What headlight is that u used

HD dual bulb halogen, these are stock headlamps for some touring models and can pick one up on ebay for around $75. HD wants $140 for new. Not as nice as the LED daymakers but better than the standard single bulb or sealed lamps.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:43 AM
Karman 71
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 06 deluxe bagger(can't wait to ride again @&$& winter)

The following users liked this post:
Innigray (06-17-2020)
Old 02-13-2015, 09:50 AM
barchetta
Tourer

Reckless Fairing, Freedom Exhaust, Bag extensions, FLH fender extension (to fill gap between fender and bags.
Is that a streetglide front wheel? How did you pull that off?

Old 02-13-2015, 11:04 AM
flsoftail
Intermediate
Default Streetglide front wheel

Originally Posted by barchetta
Is that a streetglide front wheel? How did you pull that off?

Yep, it is a 2013 FLHX front wheel. Changed out the 25mm bearings to 3/4 and had a machine shop mill the brake rotor face side of the wheel, bolts right in with correct spacers. The rotor face on the left side of the wheel must be cut down so that the rotor will align with the caliper otherwise the front fork legs would need to be upgraded to the FL touring style along with touring caliper(s) etc.
Would have like to installed a 2014 front wheel but they will not accept the 11.5" brake rotors, would have more $$$ than I wanted to put into mounting a factory wheel.

Pictures of wheel posted at https://www.hdforums.com/forum/wheel...on-fatboy.html

Old 02-13-2015, 11:24 AM
barchetta
Tourer

Yep, it is a 2013 FLHX front wheel. Changed out the 25mm bearings to 3/4 and had a machine shop mill the brake rotor face side of the wheel, bolts right in with correct spacers. The rotor face on the left side of the wheel must be cut down so that the rotor will align with the caliper otherwise the front fork legs would need to be upgraded to the FL touring style along with touring caliper(s) etc.
Would have like to installed a 2014 front wheel but they will not accept the 11.5" brake rotors, would have more $$$ than I wanted to put into mounting a factory wheel.

Pictures of wheel posted at https://www.hdforums.com/forum/wheel...on-fatboy.html
Thanks.. been looking for an economical way to go with a larger wheel.. looks like this might be it.. can you explain the spacers a little more?

Old 02-13-2015, 12:25 PM
flsoftail
Intermediate

I bought a (package assortment) consisting of different lengths on ebay, it had the ones that I needed. The spacers on each side will need to be different length than the stock softail spacers due to the hub on the FL touring wheel is wider (outside of bearing to outside of bearing). I installed different lengths on the left side until the rotor aligned with the center of the caliper and then used another one on right side to fill gap between bearing and fork leg. All making sure that the wheel is center of the fender, legs and caliper. Costs: wheel with tire (new take off) $120, machining $40, bearings $30, spacers $40.

Old 02-13-2015, 12:35 PM
barchetta
Tourer

I bought a (package assortment) consisting of different lengths on ebay, it had the ones that I needed. The spacers on each side will need to be different length than the stock softail spacers due to the hub on the FL touring wheel is wider (outside of bearing to outside of bearing). I installed different lengths on the left side until the rotor aligned with the center of the caliper and then used another one on right side to fill gap between bearing and fork leg. All making sure that the wheel is center of the fender, legs and caliper. Costs: wheel with tire (new take off) $120, machining $40, bearings $30, spacers $40.
Something like this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wheel-Axle-S...aa77e6&vxp=mtr

Old 02-13-2015, 01:18 PM
flsoftail
Intermediate

Originally Posted by barchetta

That's it, same set I purchased.

Quick Reply: Softail Baggers Only...Pics please