Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 08:19 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

think i'll just do that.. 3 bikes, damn, what do the others look like

Old 10-13-2015, 08:30 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 470 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
I buy 4-5 from amazon every year when I stock up on fluids for my three bikes.
Guess I'm kinda spoiled, there is Iron Pony, Jeggs, 5 Harley dealers, and several large independents all within 45 minutes of me. I still mail order a **** ton of crap though. I'm still running Harley filters on mine though, read an article in American Iron about oil filter construction and have never had the nerve to use anything else even though there are a couple of Amsoil ones out in the garage. I'm a stickler for OEM though, whenever possible the heavy equipment I'm responsible for will get an OEM filter, unless I've researched a better aftermarket option. I've installed the K&N on other peoples bikes and they have never had any issues.

Old 10-13-2015, 08:30 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

just ordered a couple.. still killing myself over what bars to get. sat on a Lo at harley that had 16 inch bars with a 3 1\2 inch risers. so i got a good feel for the size i want. going to do 16's with 1 or 2 inch risers. but still looking at which brand. my last bike had road6 customs which we ok, but i want that forward convexed kinf. like the evil apes from carlini. also like todd's cycle stripper bars, but can't see if that have that same curve to them.ugh!

Old 10-13-2015, 09:29 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Fat11Lo
Guess I'm kinda spoiled, there is Iron Pony, Jeggs, 5 Harley dealers, and several large independents all within 45 minutes of me. I still mail order a **** ton of crap though. I'm still running Harley filters on mine though, read an article in American Iron about oil filter construction and have never had the nerve to use anything else even though there are a couple of Amsoil ones out in the garage. I'm a stickler for OEM though, whenever possible the heavy equipment I'm responsible for will get an OEM filter, unless I've researched a better aftermarket option. I've installed the K&N on other peoples bikes and they have never had any issues.
I agree, read the same article and other reviews. For what it is worth, the HD filters are not a bad price, good quality and are easily accessible. Always keep one on the shelf ready to roll.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:53 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

i've always been told that the 103 is'nt much different than the 96 as far as power is concerned. I beg to differ. Maybe it's because of the height difference from the SG i used to ride to my new FB Lo or the seating position, but my Lo really seems to get up and go a lot faster than the SG

Old 10-22-2015, 09:18 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

got home from work today and took my bike for an hour scoot. i have to say that i have loved a few of my bikes iv'e had, but damn this is one comfortable smooth riding bike. i can finally see myself doing lots of long trips on this bike without the worry of real fatigue. the last couple bikes have killed my hips and back on long trips over 300 miles. But the more i ride my Lo, the more i can see what i have been missing out on for a long time. Although i do believe things happen when they're supposed to, this one has been a long time coming!

Old 11-09-2015, 09:28 AM
Roxany
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi i hope you are fine
I was riding till now BMW GS and now i want to change and go to harley,,,,and im planing to buy fat boy special,,,what do you think,,,im a little confused,im seeing also the softail slim S with the 110 engine but im worrid a little because im 1,87 cm tall and a 125 kilos also,,,hahaha,,,if you can help me i will appreciate it,,thks

Old 11-09-2015, 09:39 AM
Roxany
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,you got a really nice bike,,,
Can i asked from where you bought your seat,,,and also is it confirtable for long journes,,,thks men

Old 11-09-2015, 10:06 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

ok, who is gonna anwser this

Old 11-09-2015, 10:09 AM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,718 Likes on 1,107 Posts

Originally Posted by Roxany
Hi i hope you are fine
I was riding till now BMW GS and now i want to change and go to harley,,,,and im planing to buy fat boy special,,,what do you think,,,im a little confused,im seeing also the softail slim S with the 110 engine but im worrid a little because im 1,87 cm tall and a 125 kilos also,,,hahaha,,,if you can help me i will appreciate it,,thks
Go with the Fat Boy Lo, you won't regret it. More options for 2-up riding.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners