Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Springer front end on a FatBoy???

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 09:26 AM
SprungDave
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by jkevn
Heritage Springers or Springer Classics would be the ticket....big tire & big fender.

Keep in mind, there is only one flavor of brake caliper for a springer....and it won't do stoppies. If that is gonna be a problem you need to know before you plunk down the cash.

If I can put a springer front and a fatboy rear fender on a 84 Lowrider....you can do most anything you want.
I'm not sure that Harleys and stoppies should be mentioned in the same sentence!

That said, if one wants to improve the stopping performance of a Springer, four and six piston bolt-on front calipers are available (and four piston calipers are available for the rear too) for less than $500.

I have not personally found the stock brakes with good pads to be inadequate. I would think that the skinny, large diameter tire on a Springer Standard (as opposed to a Heritage Springer, Springer Softail Classic or X-Bones) is more of a limiting factor in good braking performance than is the caliper size.

My $.02 and experience.

Old 06-01-2015, 04:15 PM
fastloro
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

saw rip's bike and knew it will be my last, well actually wont look anything like it but the lines r there a few of my own personal tweeks and itll do good. looks sweet u did good. u ever get down to the lakes in west ky let me know theres some mind boggling ridin u ever get a chance.good look and may she always stay tires pointed down