Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lindby Crashbar/Engine Guard pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 07:39 AM
bk4you32
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lindby Crashbar/Engine Guard pics

All,
Due to the extensive knowledge on this site, as well as the money saving tips I have receive, I now have a friend trying to gather some input. He has a 2007 Softail Standard (FXST). It is lowered 2" in the rear, no bags and he is wondering:
1) Does anyone have pics of their FXST or FXSTC with Lindby Engine guards?
2) How much more comfortable is highway riding (if any)?
3) Lindby Bars vs Mustache Bar as far as appearance and comfort.

Thank you for any advise and/or pictures he can use for his next FXST bar purchase

Old 01-18-2011, 08:04 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IMHO the Lindby's are much better looking than the standard bars. I don't usually put my feet up because the footboards work for me but there are two levels you can put your feet on the Lindby bars if you like to put em up. http

Last edited by BigGdawg; 01-18-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:04 AM
harley_nova
Tourer

Although I can not answer your question, I am interested in hearing what other people have to say. I have been in the market myself, just never pulled the trigger.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:15 AM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IVE GOT A LINDBY BUT IVE NEVER HAD MY FEET UP ON THE BARS I PREFER PUTTING MY FEET ON MY PRIMARY. JUST HAVE IT BECAUSE IT GIVES ME PIECE OF MIND.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:54 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

IMO of all the Engine Guards out there I think the Lindby (the original Linbar) is the best looking available but the problem IMO with it is it sits too close to the front of the floorboards and cuts off usable area on the floorboard. I dont think you can use an extended brake pedal with a Linbar.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:04 AM
rcmty
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Engine Guard.

Bk4you32, my experience with the mustache guard vs the regular oval engine guard and I can't speak about the lindby guard. Just something you might want to think about when buying a engine guard to consider instead of just looks is what protection it will give you for falls. I've had the regular oval engine guard on a 04 Fatboy and 07 Heritage and they both have fallen over at some point and the engine guard held them up at about a 45 degree and never went over any futher. Now on my 09 Heritage I liked the looks of the mustache engine guard so I put it on and it also fell over and that guard is not as wide as the oval one so it let my heritage fall completely over damaging my saddle bags and handle bar grip. I will never go with anything else but the oval one for protect it gives.
Just something to conside before buying. I wish I would have ask that question before I bought mine. Hope this helps.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:35 AM
bbeavers76
Road Captain

I will use mine occassionaly on the highway. It's nice to have the option. But I would say I use them all of about 3% of my time riding.

As bobber says, its the peace of mind.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:51 AM
LocoPilot750
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

On both ends of a Heritage.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:28 AM
bk4you32
4th Gear
Smile

thanks for all of the photos as well as the knowledge. He is ordering his this week i will have him give me some photos so i can post them on here once we get them installed.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:43 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

My bike had a Lindby when I first bought it. I found that putting my feet up on the top of it was VERY UNCOMFORTABLE due to the height of the bar. The top of the bar is up way too high for me to be able to sit comfortably. I guess this is really a subjective thing, but that is my opinion. I took it off and sold it. I now run a standard crash bar with pegs on the side. I can adjust the height of the pegs to fit my comfort level. I like to have my heels on the boars and toes on the pegs.

Drew

Quick Reply: Lindby Crashbar/Engine Guard pics