Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide Fairing on Deluxe?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 10:03 PM
stailjim61
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by agapsdiver
New pics with Lowers and LED lights.
It looks like a Honda Goldwing now. Would have looked nice with a Batwing.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:07 PM
U-234
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Needs Heritage front fender.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:18 AM
yzergod
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Not bashing your bike but it seems to me that for all the time/effort/money you put into that, you'd been better off selling your bike and buying a Road Glide with the frame and suspension that were engineered to handle the weight of the bags, tour pack, and fairing. I applaude your efforts and the finished product looks good (not my taste). Just, to me, it's like putting a Chevy V8 into a Volkswagen Beetle. Good job though as I wouldn't be able to tell it wasn't a RG if I saw it on the street.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:14 PM
fall guy
Advanced

Saw a Road Glide faring on a VROD at Sturgis this year. That was a bad *** bike.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:46 PM
agapsdiver
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by yzergod
Not bashing your bike but it seems to me that for all the time/effort/money you put into that, you'd been better off selling your bike and buying a Road Glide with the frame and suspension that were engineered to handle the weight of the bags, tour pack, and fairing. I applaude your efforts and the finished product looks good (not my taste). Just, to me, it's like putting a Chevy V8 into a Volkswagen Beetle. Good job though as I wouldn't be able to tell it wasn't a RG if I saw it on the street.

Took a 4,000 mile trip last year, never had a problem handling the weight. Went up and down the switchbacks on Beartooth Pass and it never faltered or wimpered And it was loaded. And never had to worry about the squirrely Touring bike frames,including the NEW ENGINEERED ones, that still can't take a corner without an aftermarket bracket to keep the rear wheel aligned.
Love the softail smooth and secure ride.

Last edited by agapsdiver; 12-02-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

Took a 4,000 mile trip last year, never had a problem handling the weight. Went up and down the switchbacks on Beartooth Pass and it never faltered or wimpered And it was loaded. And never had to worry about the squirrely Touring bike frames,including the NEW ENGINEERED ones, that still can't take a corner without an aftermarket bracket to keep the rear wheel aligned.
Good answer!
Must've been a helluva trip...

Old 12-03-2012, 11:02 PM
yzergod
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Well, just did a quick 1500 mile overnighter on my Softail Deluxe and loved every minute of the ride as well, so I'm with you on the smooth & secure ride part. Don't misunderstand my questions as I do applauded your efforts. Looks good. I know it isn't the destination, but the journey getting there and have tore down my bike adding stuff for nothing more than the enjoyment of doing it. So, even though I wonder about why you went the route you did, I'm totally with you in the spirit of it!

Old 01-21-2013, 05:18 PM
Scottcro
Stage I
Default Deluxe to Road Glide

Hi All! New to Forum - first visit already big help! I'm in the process of adding Road Glide Fairing and hard bags to my Deluxe using CycleVisions setup - calling it the LuxGlide! See pic - I will post progress...

Attached Thumbnails Road Glide Fairing on Deluxe?-image.jpg  
Old 01-21-2013, 07:01 PM
agapsdiver
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Scottcro
Hi All! New to Forum - first visit already big help! I'm in the process of adding Road Glide Fairing and hard bags to my Deluxe using CycleVisions setup - calling it the LuxGlide! See pic - I will post progress...

Have fun. It's a good winter project. If you can afford it, go for the H-D Daymaker LED headlamps

Old 08-20-2014, 09:01 AM
inkpen00
Cruiser

I am interested to see what it looks like finished. I think the road glide a a good looking bike and I have been wanting to do something like that to my Heritage Softail. I am working on almost 14,000 miles this year. Id like to know how much you have spent on it completely when your finished (including the saddle bags, harnesses, etc)

Quick Reply: Road Glide Fairing on Deluxe?