Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thundermax auto tuner

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 12:24 PM
RICHIEMACK
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thundermax auto tuner

07 nightrain.95 bigbore kit,se air 37g cam bassani 2 to 1 pipes 9,8.i comp.flatten heads 48mm throttle body se super tuner ....95 hp.96 torque IS IT WORTH THE MONEY 900 TO 1000 FOR A ECM SINCE I AM NOT A WRENCH?

Old 02-23-2011, 07:50 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I do not think you have a 95 big bore kit in an 07 nightrain, but if you are already tuned leave it alone.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:59 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 203 Posts

Probably not... sounds like you've already got it tuned, and with everything you've got on it (I agree with the above by the way... should have started with a 96") I'd say you should be good to go.

If you plan to do a lot of further mods, then it may be worth the cost although I'd think you'd probably want professional dyno's once you get to the point you're at.

Roger

Old 02-23-2011, 09:06 PM
RICHIEMACK
Road Master
Default Thanks guys

My bad,its a 06.porky fingers...thanks 4 the replys

Old 02-23-2011, 09:28 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I can get it for you for less! $799 shipped!

Drew

Old 02-24-2011, 07:36 AM
cwsharp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I can get it for you for less! $799 shipped!

Drew
He should get one with Autotune and he will need the O2 sensor kit and bungs along with that... and have someone install them. It will cost him almost a grand.

The SE tuner, if he got a later model than what they had when the bike was new, is probably just fine but I would agree with others that if it wasn't dyno'd but just mapped, he should get it dyno'd.

I'm finally getting a TMAX at bikeweek so that I don't have to have to tweak mine for seasons, elevations, and extreme temps. That is the strength of a TMAX over an SE Tuner IMHO.

C#

Old 02-24-2011, 09:45 AM
RICHIEMACK
Road Master
Default Dyno variations ????

THANKS GUYS,GREAT INFO. THE BIKE HAS BEEN DYNOED AND MAPPED WITH THE SERT AND RUNS GREAT,ALTHOUGH SOME GUYS ARE SAYING I SHOULD BE GETTING MORE HP OUT OF THE SET UP.ITS DYNOED AT 95 HP???
I HEARD THE DYNO DEPENDS ON THE PERSON RUNNING IT? IS THAT TRUE?

95" Screaming Eagle Big Bore Kit w/flat-top pistons, Heads done by Big Boyz Head Porting(cc'd and milled to obtain an 80cc Combustion chamber) Ported With compression releases, 48mm Throttle Body by (HPI), Andrews 37G cams, adjustable push-rods, Bassani 2>1 Exhaust, SERT super tuner, 9.8 to1 compression, 95.08HP/96.06TQ. I feel with this set-up you get great dependability and very impressive performance.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:53 AM
tunaman
Road Warrior

Knowing what I know now, I'd still have gotten the T-Max I'm sure, but that's just because I like to tinker and learn.

The Delphi ECM has the ability to adjust itself quite well, actually, so that decision point isn't as valid as I originally thought.

Don't get me wrong - I like my T-Max and am glad I had it, but at this point I'm even weighing the possibility of going back to the stock ECM and just having it dyno'd, or at very least finding a local tuner who is familiar with the T-Max and having them do so.

I think the more you upgrade the engine, the more you need to rely on a professional tune... mine isn't there, and I probably won't go for any further engine mods, but I do think I'd like to get it on a dyno to see the curves and ensure that the timing is optimized, which is the one area T-Max doesn't automatically tweak.

Roger

Old 02-24-2011, 09:56 AM
tunaman
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by RICHIEMACK
I HEARD THE DYNO DEPENDS ON THE PERSON RUNNING IT? IS THAT TRUE?
I believe that is absolutely true. However, unless the guy is just a complete dork I can't believe they can miss all THAT much... maybe a couple of points? I'd be interested to hear horror stories from any that have had bad experiences with a hack?

Roger

Old 02-24-2011, 10:39 AM
RICHIEMACK
Road Master
Default Dyno

IT WAS DYNOED AT A GOOD HARLEY DEALERSHIP IN VT. IM SURE THE NUMBERS ARE GOOD AND IM VERY HAPPY WT. 95 HP.ITS JUST WHAT ANOTHER HDF MEMBER SAID ,HE WAS SURPRISED THAT IT WAS NOT GETTING 100 HP.
THIS IS MY FIRST SOFTAIL AND IM 58YR OLD AND SHOULD BE ON A BAGGER BUT IT WAS EITHER A DUECE OR A NIGHTRAIN AND I STOLE IT AT 8900,THE OWNER HAS PUT AROUND 9500 INTO IT AND IT ONLY HAS 5100 MILES ON IT,SO IM JUST WAITING FOR SPRING TO COME AND GETTING IT READY

Quick Reply: Thundermax auto tuner