Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jockey Shift Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 08:56 AM
hossmp
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jockey Shift Questions

For those of you that have converted to the foot clutch and Jockey shift do you have any regrets? Do you ever want to convert back to make life simple? I am thinking of adding this to my list of future mods possibly to be done this summer. I tried a buddies bike last night and I didnt find it complicated. I can see how a new rider would not be comfortable. It did require a little more planning when coming to a stop but not terrible.

If you have a Jockey Shift do you find floor boards or regular forward controls to work better with this set up? I am attempting to collect a set of floor boards up first then switch to the jockey shift set up once I have all the parts needed.

Thanks in advance for all your opinions!

Old 05-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Fireman1501
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the tank shift I made.. Made the bike a totally new bike. And love the look of the old school look. I can't say I will ever go back to regular shifter..

Old 05-13-2011, 09:20 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Back to normal? Never! If I want to ride a foot shift hand clutch I take the wifes sporty. How often dues this happen? Not very often.

Drew

Old 05-13-2011, 09:51 AM
Branner
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I love it, not a single regret. Go for it!

Old 05-13-2011, 09:56 AM
hossmp
Intermediate

Thanks guys, ironicaly, I read some of your threads and responses on Jockey Shift conversions. It definately seems like a mod that makes a bike unique. I figure over the weekend I will concentrate on getting my bike in neutral as I approach a stop versus just first gear with the clutch in.

I noticed that the Labriola (spelling) shifter seems to be the consensus as the one to get. I went to the site they have and it seems they may or may not be back up and running after moving locations.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:52 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

I always go to neutral when coming to a stop. That way there is no need to worry about putting both feet down. Should your foot come off in gear the bike will only stall anyway. Done it plenty of times.

Drew

Old 05-13-2011, 10:57 AM
hossmp
Intermediate

Drew, thanks i am going to practice this over the weekend and the course of the next few days of riding. I am sure I can get the hang of it. I sent a email over to the guys at Labriola to see if they are up and running and taking orders.

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I always go to neutral when coming to a stop. That way there is no need to worry about putting both feet down. Should your foot come off in gear the bike will only stall anyway. Done it plenty of times.

Drew

Old 05-13-2011, 11:04 AM
honkylips
Road Captain

Probably the favorite thing about my bike. No regrets.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:18 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by honkylips
Probably the favorite thing about my bike. No regrets.
Right there with you. People just look at it and wonder how to ride it. They always ask me about it.

Drew

Old 05-13-2011, 11:23 AM
hossmp
Intermediate

You guys are killing me... I hope they are taking orders now. I was hesitant earlier this morning and it didnt take much to change my mind. I knew I shouldnt have riden my buddies bike last night.

Quick Reply: Jockey Shift Questions