Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parade mode on Softails/Rockers

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 07:00 PM
j33ptj
Road Warrior
Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Parade mode on Softails/Rockers

I heard this weekend that HD have a parade mode?

Do the softail/rockers have that and if so how to activate?

Thnx
Robert

Old 05-16-2011, 07:08 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it's only on the dressers and the throttle is rolled forward to activate it.
Not sure if the throttle is rolled while the bike is off or while in neutral running to activate it.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:17 PM
bluedemon06
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine has it and it came from the factory activated

Old 05-16-2011, 07:22 PM
cpiad
Account Closed

Originally Posted by j33ptj
I heard this weekend that HD have a parade mode?

Do the softail/rockers have that and if so how to activate?

Thnx
Robert
Not really parade mode as such...but....dealership can program the ECM to kill off spark to rear cylinder when head temp reaches a preset point... will only work if u still have factory computer....which I ditched two weeks after I rode my '10 Lo home.

Once activated by dealer the rear cylinder will turn off at idle when temp sensor blips on ..... on my bike it turned off when oil hit 233 deg... head temp will be higher .... at least application of throttle rear cylinder will start firing. Anyway...that is the.MOCO's lame attempt at heat management.

My Softail came with heat management turned off.....I had to get stealership to turn it on....they wanted to charge me until I had a good natured chat with stealership manager. I've heard factory ships em with switch on...but stealerships turns em off to charge a fee to turn em on.

Next time you see cop bike at a parade notice the "parade" fan where the cowbell used to be. That is a parade fan that really cools the engine. MOCO does not provide similar factory option for Softails ...but you can buy one or preferably make your own. Do a search for "Fatboy cooling fan."

Old 05-16-2011, 09:32 PM
j33ptj
Road Warrior
Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts

CPIAD:

Read the thread, and its an interesting idea, except I don't have a horn mounted there but the ignition module.

Robert

PS you do need to get the explanation on the difference between Deg C and Deg F ;-)

Old 05-16-2011, 11:13 PM
poppavein
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CPIAD is probably talking about the EITMS (Engine Idle Temperature Management System) feature which you can have your dealer turn on in the EFI map. (or you can do yourself if you have the SE tuner.)

One tuner said that Harley had to implement this because they have to be so lean at idle due to EPA regs. He richens up the idle area so you don't need EITMS turn on.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:29 AM
cpiad
Account Closed

Originally Posted by j33ptj
CPIAD:

Robert

PS you do need to get the explanation on the difference between Deg C and Deg F ;-)
Kiss my azz ....

Old 05-17-2011, 06:33 AM
cpiad
Account Closed

Originally Posted by poppavein
CPIAD is probably talking about the EITMS (Engine Idle Temperature Management System) feature which you can have your dealer turn on in the EFI map. (or you can do yourself if you have the SE tuner.)

One tuner said that Harley had to implement this because they have to be so lean at idle due to EPA regs. He richens up the idle area so you don't need EITMS turn on.
That tuner is a poser and an idiot and just plain wrong. It's for heat management. And it works..to a point. Problem is MOCO ECM sucks and their maps ARE TUNED TO MEET FED EPA STDS.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:36 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 815 Likes on 801 Posts

Once since I had our did the rear cyl shut off, waiting on a train, when it happened I thought WTS. is going on.. As soon as I gassed her it was business as usual.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:57 PM
HDCrossbones09
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought parade mode was 4000 rpm clutch drops while holding the front brakes?

Quick Reply: Parade mode on Softails/Rockers