Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about SE 211's

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 01:26 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,220 Likes on 4,770 Posts
Default Question about SE 211's

Putting a set of SE 211 cams in my 88" TC.

I'm going to be doing a long range endurance run in a couple months and would like to hear from anyone that is running them on a pretty much stock Motor what effect it has had on your fuel mileage? Only other mods I've made are a SE high flow AC, and Thunderheader exhaust.

I currently get about 205 miles before I hit reserve (carb'd) and just trying to get an idea of how much I may need adjust my strategy regarding fuel stops when I'm doing the endurance ride.

Obviously I am going to do some rides and see for myself what if any changes take place. I'm laid up at home recovering from surgery right now and just thinking about different **** and this is what I'm thinking about at this particular time.

I'm not really interested in hearing about some other cam that may be a better choice for my engine. Just wanting some feedback on what if any change in fuel mileage I may see after the cams are in.

Thanks for any info.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:41 AM
TonyL
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put SE 211's in my stock 05 FXDCI and i like them. I was really hesitant to put them in a stock 88" bike but it was recommended by my HD dealer. I already put a set of VH pipes on it, big sucker air breather, and a power commander. I started out with 63hp and 70fp of rear wheel torque.

After install with New hydraulic cam tensioner upgrade they bike was tuned in with 80hp and 82fp of rear wheel torque. I can pull the front wheel up with ease on a light Super Glide. Gas mileage is better on the highway but a little less in the city. Hopes this helps.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:04 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,220 Likes on 4,770 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyL
I put SE 211's in my stock 05 FXDCI and i like them. I was really hesitant to put them in a stock 88" bike but it was recommended by my HD dealer. I already put a set of VH pipes on it, big sucker air breather, and a power commander. I started out with 63hp and 70fp of rear wheel torque.

After install with New hydraulic cam tensioner upgrade they bike was tuned in with 80hp and 82fp of rear wheel torque. I can pull the front wheel up with ease on a light Super Glide. Gas mileage is better on the highway but a little less in the city. Hopes this helps.
First off, thanks for the reply and welcome to the forum. It's a pretty good place with a wide range of riders, non riders, and those that are wanting to ride but just aren't yet.

That does help. I'm having the tensioner upgrade put in also, along with new lifters, adjustable pushrods, and a bearing upgrade.

Mine is carb'd but I would suspect numbers close to what you are getting and hoping for comparable mileage. Highway miles are what I have been worried about and if mine goes the same way as yours did I'll be happy to get a little more on the open road.

Thanks again.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:28 PM
Elijah
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

211s in my 88 as well. fuel milage is about the same as far as i can tell. lost a bit down low, but pulls HARD mid and upper revs. well worth the trade off IMO (for the way i ride)
i got a big sucker, hatchets, and powercommander. no dyno numbers yet