Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Softail Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.

P

Old 06-22-2011, 05:53 AM
Senior Rider
Default HD Detachable Sissy Bar and luggage rack

I am looking to add a detachable sissy bar/back pad and luggage rack to a 2010 FLSTF. I like the rounded stock bars and racks in black. Anybody have any experience with this setup? I am probably looking at the HD parts.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:35 AM
Hang Around

I got the HD detachable sissy bar (tall, round and black) for my 2010 Fat Boy Lo. By the time you get the signal light relocation kit and mounting hardware it gets a bit pricey but well worth it. I just took it to the dealership for install as it needed its maintenance anyways.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:38 AM
Prospect

I have the CrossBones style detachable sissy bar as well as the round tubed detachable sissy bar/luggage rack. Both work great. Keep an eye on Ebay... I found the sissy bar/luggage rack detachable with pad on there for 200. Had it powder coated gloss black for 25. As stated above they can get pricey once you put all the parts together from HD. I don't use mine much so I wasn't willing to spend what they wanted. However... I can see the value to those that use them...very handy.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:42 AM
Road Captain

If you ever plan on adding saddle bags make sure you get the detachable side plates for the backrest that have the notch cut out to accomodate the saddle bag mounting posts. They would be like the ones used on a Heritage. I would keep an out on ebay, they come up fairly often.
True duals with Rush 2.00" mufflers
76 hp, 92 tq
Old 06-22-2011, 10:25 AM
Senior Rider

Have the detachable setup. Love it. Easy on/off and makes it a lot easier when you need to pull the seat off for whatever reason.

2009 Fat Boy - Black Denim
Ness Big Sucker, V&H Double Barrel
Old 06-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Elite HDF Member

Really no need to relocate the signals or buy the kit. You can modify the detach mount to make it fit.
Attached Thumbnails
HD Detachable Sissy Bar and luggage rack-dscn2853.jpg  

2011 FLSTFB, Rush Crossover Pipes, PV tuner,DK Outlaw HiFlow 587 Air Cleaner, Ricor Intiminator's, progressive Drop in 1.5" lowered Front, 1.5" rear lowering kit, LA Choppers 14" Hefty Apes. Trucklite Phase 7 Led headlight. Custom Dynamics Led signals.
2008 883L Chromed out, 1250 NHRS kit.
U.S Army SFC Retired.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:29 PM
Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by army_eod View Post
I am looking to add a detachable sissy bar/back pad and luggage rack to a 2010 FLSTF. I like the rounded stock bars and racks in black. Anybody have any experience with this setup? I am probably looking at the HD parts.

Thanks in advance.
Most of the time mine are off, but it's nice to be able to add it at a moment's notice. Same with the bags and passenger seat.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:22 AM
Outstanding HDF Member

I have the stock sissy bar and the HD luggage rack attached to it using the quick detach side plates. I also use the Barebacks quick detach kit for the bags. This makes for a very convenient change from touring to local two-up to solo riding in just a couple of minutes. Also, and maybe even more important, it makes the bike way easier to clean!
103", 10:1 Pistons, Andrews 26H Cams, TTS MasterTune, SE AC, SE Compensator, V&H BSLs with BCT QQ2 Baffles, & MoCo Oil Cooler
2013 Honda Goldwing, properly accessorized of course!
Old 06-23-2011, 01:28 AM
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNB View Post
Most of the time mine are off, but it's nice to be able to add it at a moment's notice. Same with the bags and passenger seat.
Precisely, as well as the windshield! Great to have convertible options to fit the circumstances... go from full dressed to stripped solo in 5 minutes or less.

Roger
Old 06-23-2011, 10:53 AM
Road Master
RICHIE MCKENZIE

You have to grind a little off the locks on the detach for it to fit over the blinkers....cross bones s. Bar..harley parts got mine on ebay.with rack $120

06 NIGHT TRAIN ,95,big bore .BASSANI ANDREWS 37G,,48 MM,TBODY.DK. CUSTOM,JOKER, ART ALLOY,SE.,RIVERA,422'S,FLAT TOPS.ADJ.SE. PUSH RODS.SE.RACE TUNER.OIL COOLER,SE CAM PLATE
96.5 HP 100.1 TQ BIG BOYZ HORSEPOWER INC.
http://s1087.photobucket.com/albums/...HIEANGELA2010/
Old 06-23-2011, 10:53 AM

P