Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

change just the air cleaner cover ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 03:08 PM
bobbys rocker c
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default change just the air cleaner cover ??

hello all, im looking to change the air cleaner face plate ?? can this be done ?? and were to look for something that i might be interested in, im not looking to change the whole air cleaner right now let me know thanks bobby

Old 09-28-2011, 03:46 PM
billsantos
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bobbys rocker c
hello all, im looking to change the air cleaner face plate ?? can this be done ?? and were to look for something that i might be interested in, im not looking to change the whole air cleaner right now let me know thanks bobby
You talking about just a insert to cover the center of the stock oval AC or the whole oval itself ? Inserts are all over the place.. The whole oval replacement would need to fit properly against the stock backing plate/filter assembly to breath right and look good.. Can't say where you'd find a whole oval replacement, but a internet search should keep you busy...

Old 09-28-2011, 04:07 PM
bobbys rocker c
Advanced

sorry looking for this just a insert to cover the center of the stock oval AC for my 09 rocker c thanks bobby

Old 09-28-2011, 04:46 PM
billsantos
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bobbys rocker c
sorry looking for this just a insert to cover the center of the stock oval AC for my 09 rocker c thanks bobby
Got it. HD site has some you can see online. Dennis Kirk site also, as do alot of other sites. That's a HD flame insert on my sig pic and also fits perfect on the V&H intake filter i have..Thing I found out while trying to cover a V&H Naked VO filter is some of the covers that are shown to cover after market intake filters, is those covers will also work as inserts on the stock ovals.. Measure it, but i believe if memory serves they are 5 1/8 or 5 3/8ths in diameter from edge to edge of the 96 cubic inch accent ring .. so make sure if you find a cover for just a after market filter it is that measurement and it will work as a insert. If you see one that does not say for the oval, but you like it, call them and ask for the diameter size.... must be a single center screw type of course.. I have the Naked VO intake on mine and a gargare full of inserts I can put on as just filter covers or oval inserts.. just depends on the look I want for the day..

Old 09-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 139 Likes on 94 Posts
Smile air filter insert

i just got the new harley dark custom air cleaner insert it fits the stock air cleaner, it matches the rest of my dark custom parts on my fatboy lol

Old 09-28-2011, 05:32 PM
nickel.wound
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

jp cycles has some bad *** black Jack Daniel's ones.

www.jpcycles.com

I searched "air cleaner Jack Daniels" to get the best results....

Old 09-28-2011, 05:46 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 815 Likes on 801 Posts

Think U talking bout just a cover....

I just cut my football cover down to just a round Dia. cover the goes on the A/Filter. It just covers the outside dia of the filter and shows the filter itself.

Then roughed it up and painted it black...

now I am going to get the HD sock that goes over the fitler for fowl weather.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:03 PM
scootin'
Tourer

Try some of our board sponsors. theres tons of stuff on their sites. I have bought lots of stuff from Kirk.always pleased!!!!!

Old 09-28-2011, 06:22 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 815 Likes on 801 Posts

I looked around the sites for just a round cover for the A/F, YeaH theirs some if U want to pay $200- $400 for the Billet ones.

But theirs not that many that's just plain round ones.

I don't,,, and didn't, want to pay that much, that's why I cut mine down.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Kramer
Cruiser

gotta check these guys out...i love mine and you can customize them any way you want....all for a very good price....

http://mtmunlimited.com/webstore/

Quick Reply: change just the air cleaner cover ??