Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Samson 42" Super Cholo's are on...

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 04:21 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Samson 42" Super Cholo's are on...

Scroll way down for the good pics of these pipes.

The good news is they are on although I am still sick I could no longer sit here and look at the box. The bad news, no pics as my bike is stuffed in my carport with anotehr bike and a car and there is no room for pics as it is raining cats and dogs (or at least what we consider to be cats and dogs in SoCal).

Here are a few shots comparing the actual length of these pipes with the 36" baby cholo version I already have. I could take it no logner. I needed super cholo's.

The baby cholos's including the portion that gets clamped to the head pipes all the way to the end of the longer bottom portion of the fishtail is about 38.5". When you measure from the center of teh fishtail to end of teh pipe it is 36" exactly. Also keep in mind the portion that clamps on to the head pipes should not be considered in the length as it is overlapped with the head pipe so when you measure with the pipe on the bike it is exactly 36". Kinda confusing but I thought I would explain for anyone who has questions.

The 42" Super Cholo measures 45" end to end before install. Figure the same explanation with length as above, but a bit longer.

Here is the difference in length as seen side to side. I only wish I had a set of 39"'s for this thread too as that would cover everything.

So the install took about 20 minutes. I prefer to remove the slip on with the bracket that mounts the exhaust to the frame attached for easy reinstall as opposed to unattaching the exhasut from teh bracket. then I swapped teh brackets to the new pieps and reinstalled.

I had to loosen the clamps for the slip on's, loosen a few of the heat shield bolts (5/16" socket is easiest) and slide the new pipes on. I avhe not been able to check for proper alignment between both pipes yet as there is no room to move around in my carport. It looks like it will be dry tomorrow so I'll do all that then and get some pics. I'll try and post some side by side of each so that you get a feel for the difference in length although we all know 36"-42" is 6".

Here is a shot of the bike under the cover, no way to get it over the pipes anymore. I am not even going to try as I destroyed one cover with a set of 36" pipes.

More to some, stay tuned. All I can say is that these things are insane looking and I am sure they will perform just as well if not better than the 36" version. The chrome is perfect as I would expect from Samson, as is the fitment and simplicity of install. Yes, the 36"'s are for sale. PM me if interested and I am putting an ad in the softail parts section.

Drew

Drew

Last edited by anubisss; 10-06-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:18 PM
FreddyJ
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is gonna look sweet!!!

Old 10-05-2011, 06:35 PM
pirate2876
Intermediate

oops,didnt read it all.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:25 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

SICK!!!!! Put them on my list..

Old 10-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Night Stalker
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks Bad@ss, Drew!! Speechless!

Old 10-05-2011, 08:23 PM
alika808
Tourer

are they gonna be selling jus the end pipes for those that have the 39s or they gonna make people buy the complete set up again? and when will they be available?

Old 10-05-2011, 08:54 PM
anubisss
Banned

They are already available. How do you think I got them? You can buy the whole shebang or just the 42" pipe. Samson has their stuff together and will not sell you something of theirs you already have. I just noticed it looks dry out so I'll roll the bike out and get some pics for everyone.

Drew

Old 10-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

'm telling you Andrew...you need a set of wide, wide beach bars on that sweet lookin' bike of yours.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:16 PM
alika808
Tourer

Originally Posted by anubisss
They are already available. How do you think I got them? You can buy the whole shebang or just the 42" pipe. Samson has their stuff together and will not sell you something of theirs you already have. I just noticed it looks dry out so I'll roll the bike out and get some pics for everyone.

Drew

settle down litle guy jus some simple question havent been on the forum for awhile thought they maybe sent u 1 to sport/advertise. never doubted the company like i said jus a simple question. no need for anybody to get crazy. looks good waiting for the cover come off that bike of yours. so what are the 42" pipes goin for?

Old 10-05-2011, 09:30 PM
anubisss
Banned

Originally Posted by alika808
settle down litle guy jus some simple question havent been on the forum for awhile thought they maybe sent u 1 to sport/advertise. never doubted the company like i said jus a simple question. no need for anybody to get crazy. looks good waiting for the cover come off that bike of yours. so what are the 42" pipes goin for?
Not questioning you. I am merely stating that this is a company that has always done me right. I wish that someone would send me a set for free. Unfortunately that is not the case in the MC industry in general. I pay for it like everyone else. I pay dealer pricing as oppsoed to retail, but i still pay. Pics are bad due to lighting outside my apartment but here ya go. Damn these are sick.

I'll get better pics in the light tomorrow but wow, these are crazy long. My bike is a 2002 fatboy. Keep on rolling...

Drew

Quick Reply: Samson 42" Super Cholo's are on...