Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(PiX) SoCals 3rd Round "Winter" Mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 10:41 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default (PiX) SoCals 3rd Round "Winter" Mods

Okay.. Here we go!!!!!!!
My last round of this 78 degree winter mods!!

S&S Super Stock Heads : These pull like a bat outta hell in the midrange. Valve seats are triple cut and sit reeaaal good!!

Roller Rocker Arms by Crane Cams : Extra $400 for no friction although i paid more than twice as much to the two "professionals" at the Venetian for more friction!!!! Ahhhhh...Vegas!!!!!!! But seriously, the throttle response is unbelievable!!!! When i wrap on it, she feels like my R6!!! Maybe even more so! No friction between the valves and the rockers. Picture a ball point pen gliding along the paper... Thats what little friction is between the valve and the rockers that produce almost no friction!! = faster throttle response!!

DynaTek ECu : Adjustable Spark Advance. Burn Baby Burn!!!!!!!

S&S Rocker Box Covers... These are required when you get Automatic Compression Releases! And they look cool !

Automatic Compression Releases : These are soooo trick!!! They wire up to the starter button so they release compression when you start, then close when you release the button... Couldve gotten manual releases but as someone once told me, "the price of cool aint cheap." (Thanx Mark )
With manuel releases you can get away with stock rocker boxes but if you forget to release, you may smoke a starter or two...(see Venetian Story)

Python True Dual Fishtail Exhaust: I went with Python because they crush the Head pipe a little making for more back pressure producing more bite at the lower RPMs.. Dyno actually showed an improvement over the 2-2s below 2700 rpms.. Python was bought by Vance n Hines and i would definitely trust in that name!! The Duals sound soooooooooo much better than my BRs 2-2s! When I let off the throttle a little to upshift, they fckin growl at me!!!!! I was goin to go FatCat but i was inspired by HDFr Nikons bike.. He did so much performance work and still made it into AI Magazine with cholos! So freakin awesome!!! And so thankful I picked the true duals!!!!!!

I removed the Dingle-berry horn and fabbed up an extra Billet Aluminum Motor Mount to stiffen the rigidity cuz you want to fire a cannon from a bolted position on granite, not from a canoe

Pingel Hi-Flow petcock to allow more fuel flow to my Mikuni .. I also love saying "Hi Flow PetCock" to the ladies

Relocated my Shotgun Shock Swithces to the Console!! So much easier to get to on the fly... Especially when you need them cuz you got cholos!

I also PCd a headlight visor matte black to match my turn signal visors...
HDFr Big H, this is what i was referring to you in my last round

Mr Luckys mirrors : retro style.. I have to thank HDFr Dansax for referring these as he has them on his badass Lo!!!!!!!

I am still waiting for a couple more things from SLICKCUSTOMS.Com so i guess there will be a Round 3.1 in the future but i just couldnt wait anymore to post the thread!!!

Here are the pics!!!!!
Mr Luckys Mirrors

SnS Rocker Boxes . Notice the hole on top.. This is needed for access to the Auto Compression Releases..

Pingel Hi Flow Petcock and Billet Aluminum Motor Mount

[IMG]http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff366/socal_yankee/parts/IMG_09
13.jpg[/IMG] S&S Heads!!!!!

Billet Aluminum Motor Mount

Dyna Tek ECU

Shotgun Switches

Pics Of The Scoot
[IMG]http://i1232.photobuck

To Date: 2004 Fatboy, 95" 10:1 Compression, SnS Heads, Andrews 26 Cams, Triple cut Valves, Crane Roller Rocker Arms, SnS Rocker Box Covers, Crane Lifters, Adjustable PushRods, Mikuni Carb, KnN Air, Python Exhaust, DynaTek Ignition, Screamin Eagle Wires, Screamin Eagle Clutch, SHOTGUN, Progressive Drop In Front suspension, Black Bike Wheels, Galfer Rotors and Pads, Metzler tires, HD LED Headlight, BAL-! Tailight, Wild 1 Chubby Beach Bars, Lepera BareBones / CnC Gator seats, Kury Pegs, Dakota Digital Speedo, Mr Luckys Mirrors, Performance Machine Hand Controls....

Huge shout out to Mike, Chris and David at CycleWorks Etc!!!!!

Last edited by socal yankee; 02-24-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:03 PM
loverofBIGtwins
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice build, and nice porsche turbo in the background

Old 02-24-2012, 11:32 PM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

J thats the ****! Must rumble like a ****!

Old 02-24-2012, 11:43 PM
n2gzus
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Lookin hella good!!

Old 02-24-2012, 11:51 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank u n Thank u Big Twin. Tell Marzia I say "What up?"

Thanx Jo. Hope we'll ryde together someday. I'm lovin your bars, hawaiiin brotha!!

Hella Thank u N2G!!!!

Old 02-25-2012, 01:15 AM
chap!
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking the Dogs & sounds like it goes the dogs too! Nice one bro!
Yeah, I've gotta get my engine some mods next winter!

Old 02-25-2012, 03:38 AM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll be that sound wicked, Wont be too shabby in the traffic light grand prix's either.
Nice one.

Old 02-25-2012, 04:25 AM
jbmolly
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks Good Man! I bet that thing screams! Good Job

Old 02-25-2012, 06:29 AM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

all that just to keep up with me in the canyons? Well done brotha.

Old 02-25-2012, 06:44 AM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thats gotta be a beast coming down the road. Looks good

Quick Reply: (PiX) SoCals 3rd Round "Winter" Mods