Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn LED tail light

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 11:03 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Kuryakyn LED tail light

I am looking into getting the smoke LED tail light conversion for my Night Train. I was wondering if any one has used these before? Before I sink my money into this I was wondering how easy they were to install? How durable / good quality were they? And how visible are they compared to stock? And advice would be appreciated.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:04 AM
JHoytMaddox
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Super bright, looks great, easy install! Don't waste another minute, BUY IT!

Old 04-08-2012, 11:24 AM
SeMiGoD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got 1 on my 03 Train, only took a few minutes to hook up, minus removing the turn signals. A good buy and nice add on. Go for it. Also, HEY! from ND also!

Old 04-08-2012, 12:09 PM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member

Well those both wound pretty positive. I ordered the black LED headlight and would like to get a nice tail light to complete the lights. This may be my next purchase.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:29 PM
SeMiGoD
Tourer

Originally Posted by NDBadlands4-2
Well those both wound pretty positive. I ordered the black LED headlight and would like to get a nice tail light to complete the lights. This may be my next purchase.
Please post a pic of the headlight. Ive been thinking of a change for mine. New bucket n all. Perhaps some weekend when we dont have all this wind, we could meet up for a ride n a beer!

Old 04-08-2012, 01:34 PM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by SeMiGoD
Please post a pic of the headlight. Ive been thinking of a change for mine. New bucket n all. Perhaps some weekend when we dont have all this wind, we could meet up for a ride n a beer!
I do not have the headlight yet. Hopefully this coming week. I will certainly post a picture when I put it in. I get your direction occasionally. I can certainly give you a shout. Let me know if you head toward Medora and the park.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:28 PM
harleyfiremedic
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Wife has had one on her Sporty for three or four years. Looks great and it very bright both running and brake light. This is probably the next item I am getting for my Lo.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:44 PM
The88Beast04
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I coulda swore that I read somewhere else that yes the LEDs are bright as all hell, but the replacement lense housing that it comes with doesn't seal up as good as the stock housing does. So some dude put some silicone cocking around the edges to help seal it up and keep water out...
I'm very interested in getting a LED brake light too, but if I gotta seal it myself, I'll just stick with stock. Hated trying to seal my aftermarket LED brake lights on my Yukon - there were huge gaps left on those babies...

Old 04-08-2012, 06:07 PM
SeMiGoD
Tourer

Originally Posted by The88Beast04
I coulda swore that I read somewhere else that yes the LEDs are bright as all hell, but the replacement lense housing that it comes with doesn't seal up as good as the stock housing does. So some dude put some silicone cocking around the edges to help seal it up and keep water out...
I'm very interested in getting a LED brake light too, but if I gotta seal it myself, I'll just stick with stock. Hated trying to seal my aftermarket LED brake lights on my Yukon - there were huge gaps left on those babies...
Mine has sealed up just fine, no worries or issues.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:38 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,786 Likes on 9,863 Posts

I got one from D2MOTO. Looks great. Nice and bright. So far no sealing issues. Plug & Play.

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn LED tail light