Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Show End of August.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 08:05 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default First Show End of August.

End of August is our local charity rally 'Bikes & Bulls'...located in Airdrie AB Canada. Which includes a show and shine. In case folks are wondering about the bulls....Canadian bull riding circuit rolls into town at our local rodeo grounds, where bikers and cowboys mix it up. Last year was their first kick at the can and very small scale as intended, where organizers just wanted baby steps for their first couple rallys. In turn only 50 bikes rolled in...I guess that should easily double since the word is out this year.

Anyways, even though my bike is not finished until the new year...I am going to enter it as a proud papa. Next year I wouldnt mind showing it on a couple larger scales before the wear and tear take over. Going to talk to one of dealerships and see if my bike can tag along with their posse. I think it would be awesome to experience behind the scenes from their perspective.

Should be fun!

Old 08-04-2012, 09:00 AM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Good luck. It's all a popularity contest though. I went to my first show last weekend and one of the winning bikes was a stock fatboy. So get on your soapbox and sell your bike to the crowd

No offense if this anyone on the forum but this bike wasn't even top 10 bikes there

Last edited by kozy22; 08-04-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by kozy22
Good luck. It's all a popularity contest though. I went to my first show last weekend and one of the winning bikes was a stock fatboy. So get on your soapbox and sell your bike to the crowd

No offense if this anyone on the forum but this bike wasn't even top 10 bikes there
Ya man, I been told same thing around town here. Shows are finiky, lot of time judges like bling that screams for attention....where the bikes that are put together properly with subtle lines and flow get ignored lots. But meh...not in it for a plaque. It's more for the experience and 'Hey I Got One of a Kind'!

But that aside...how was your personal experience bud on your first show?

Old 08-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Btw I was thinking of doing a display poster/sign to lay on the ground beside the bike...detailing mods and all that. Over the top or good idea? To be honest I am already starting to walk away from the bike at our Wednesday night meets...where I am starting find myself talking about the bike to other bikers most of the time. Where I just want to social instead. That way the poster can answer most questions and still can enjoy the event.

Old 08-04-2012, 01:34 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 815 Likes on 801 Posts

Even when I was young (GTO, and Z-28 days) I always had a fast and good looking car.
I was told a lot of times back then my cars were some of the best looking ones in town.. but I still didn't go for or enter mine in any car shows.

I guess I feel that same way now, I want what I consider a good looking bike and I don't really care what others think.
I know I am older than most in here and what I like I know most in here don't really care for anyway. Like Spot and leather fringe...

I really think its gets in Ur blood for those who do like to show there rides... just not for me

Last edited by oct1949; 08-04-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:14 PM
fdb2007
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I am the guy out in the parking lot too. My problem is if it is nice enough to clean, it is nice enough to ride and clean always loses. Then when I get home it is too hot to clean, when it has cooled off enough to clean, I have had too many beers to care. All that said, I do enjoy going and looking. I appreciate the hard work that goes into showing your bike and wish you good luck. I have never ridden across the border and it's on my list...one of these days

Old 08-04-2012, 08:21 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

First show was cool met some cool guys and saw some cool bikes and cars. I was there only to have a good time and if people liked my bike that was a bonus. The best thing was that I went and talked/looked at some bikes while my girl sat by my bike and she said people where asking all types of questions. She said that she just said I don't think it came that way.

I would say the sign is a good idea, but might come off a little arrogant. They gave me a card to right all my mods on

Old 08-05-2012, 05:46 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 815 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by kozy22
First show was cool met some cool guys and saw some cool bikes and cars. I was there only to have a good time and if people liked my bike that was a bonus. The best thing was that I went and talked/looked at some bikes while my girl sat by my bike and she said people where asking all types of questions. She said that she just said I don't think it came that way.

I would say the sign is a good idea, but might come off a little arrogant. They gave me a card to right all my mods on
Come on.. U know they were checking out Ur girl,, not Ur bike.....

Old 08-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by oct1949
Come on.. U know they were checking out Ur girl,, not Ur bike.....
Ah, the secret to a good bike show comes out!

Old 08-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Green Hornet
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, no sign.. i wouldnt stop to read it. I'm there to just look at the bikes not to read the mods. I vote for the bike that looks good, not the mod list.

add: that stock fatboy winning is just sad!

Quick Reply: First Show End of August.