Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carlini Apes , Gangster or Flying ?? Let's see them

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 07:55 PM
AceRaider
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had my 14 inch ape hangers put on and im a little concerned. The bars move forward and backward...sloppy like. is that normal?

Old 04-23-2014, 08:25 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The bars move inside the risers or the bars and risers move together? If they move together then you need to install Poly riser bushings.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:39 PM
AceRaider
6th Gear

Thanks for reply Ghost...yes my bars are moving inside the clamps but they are also moving together. They claim they put special bushings in to stop the play but I think they are BSing. I'm going to take it back tomorrow and have them fix it for sure...thanks again.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:45 PM
Fallenares
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by AceRaider
Thanks for reply Ghost...yes my bars are moving inside the clamps but they are also moving together. They claim they put special bushings in to stop the play but I think they are BSing. I'm going to take it back tomorrow and have them fix it for sure...thanks again.
Any luck with the bars moving?

Old 04-28-2014, 02:53 PM
OGM3X
Intermediate

Last edited by OGM3X; 05-01-2014 at 11:02 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:15 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Seldom, if ever, do I comment on how people choose to do their bikes. It's their money, their bikes and all about what THEY like or don't like and what they choose to do or choose not to do with their money and bikes and the parts they use and even more important what THEY like, not what I like as far as appearance goes.

Having said all that, all these bikes with apes on them would look SO MUCH MORE bad a$$ with everything run through the bars. Now go easy on me before anyone rips into me for my thoughts because that is all it is, my thoughts! That does NOT mean to say that I don't like how these bikes looks as is because all of these bikes could sit in my garage any day of the week with my name on the title! There truly is some REALLY great looking bikes in this Apes thread. In fact, it was because of this thread or threads like it that there is apes on my bike right now.

I also wish I had apes on all my past bikes. Had I know they looked so good and were so much more comfortable I would have started using them many years ago and many bikes ago. I could never see me owning and riding another bike without apes on it! I thought the exact same thing about apes that nearly everyone else thinks about them who has no experience with them, that they would be so uncomfortable to use and to ride with. The exact opposite is now true for me and so many aches and pains I was starting to have riding that are now gone, pain free!

Old 04-29-2014, 04:09 PM
AceRaider
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Fallenares
Any luck with the bars moving?
Yes, they somehow forgot to put the heavy duty bushings in. They have since replaced the old ones and it's night and day. Thanks again for the help

Old 01-08-2015, 10:14 PM
1hardrider
2nd Gear
Default Carlini Apes internal wiring

I have a question about internal wiring for Carlini Apes... I recently upgraded to a 2014 Road King and will be putting on the 16 or 18 Flying Apes. I have seen pics on the forum with these bars internally wired is there anything that needs to be considered or is there a draw back to the internally wiring ? I ask because I dont see many bikes with it. Also , is the clutch cable run internally also?

Old 01-08-2015, 10:31 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 412 Likes on 250 Posts

Gangster apes.

Name:  20140204_122949_zps6cdc229d.jpg
Views: 3859
Size:  135.0 KB

Old 01-08-2015, 10:32 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 412 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by 1hardrider
I have a question about internal wiring for Carlini Apes... I recently upgraded to a 2014 Road King and will be putting on the 16 or 18 Flying Apes. I have seen pics on the forum with these bars internally wired is there anything that needs to be considered or is there a draw back to the internally wiring ? I ask because I dont see many bikes with it. Also , is the clutch cable run internally also?
No room for the clutch cable.

Quick Reply: Carlini Apes , Gangster or Flying ?? Let's see them