Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Central Cali Updates :) (MORE PICS, MORE MODS)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 07:02 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Central Cali Updates :) (MORE PICS, MORE MODS)

Well, this is probably it for awhile. I added the Kuryakyn axle covers (that I got from machinistmate.. thanks again!). I was going to hack the left cover up and try to fit my road6customs curved axle mounted license plate with it but after measuring, then remeasuring... I was going to have to cut off most of the rear of the axle cover because of the way and where the road6custom plate mounted. It was't flush against the swingarm like I thought. It was on the outside of the axle adjuster to it put it more up into the kuryakyn cover that I really wanted to cut off.

But, I had a solution. I bought an Kuryaykn axle mount license plate holder but mounted my road6customs axle mounted plate on it instead of the standard Kuryaykn one. I basically used a large washer to hold it all on (hopefully it stays where it is supposed to) because the hole on the road6custom plate is large enough for an axle and the kuryakyn plate holder is a allen head (not sure what size but much smaller).

Anyway... here she is as she sits now. She looks stripped down, clean and mean... hopefully. lol

Old 11-15-2012, 07:08 PM
jreichart
Road Warrior

Lookin bad ***! Now, when you're finished with that money tree, I'd really appreciate it if you'd send it my way!

Old 11-15-2012, 07:17 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by jreichart
Lookin bad ***! Now, when you're finished with that money tree, I'd really appreciate it if you'd send it my way!
Hahahaha

Well, I saved a TON by doing most of the work myself. And of course, that saved money went into other mods. Lol

Old 11-15-2012, 07:19 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Hmmm. Needs a tank lift. Nice work though but you know that!

Old 11-15-2012, 07:32 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 703 Likes on 381 Posts

I love your bike. I am not really a fan of chrome, but your bike is definitely the exception.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:47 PM
HDFatboy98
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...(But, I had a solution. I bought an Kuryaykn axle mount license plate holder but mounted my road6customs axle mounted plate on it instead of the standard Kuryaykn one. I basically used a large washer to hold it all on (hopefully it stays where it is supposed to) because the hole on the road6custom plate is large enough for an axle and the kuryakyn plate holder is a allen head (not sure what size but much smaller).

question? on the part where you installed the large washer to retain the mounted plate if you get a bushing with a slightly smaller od couldn't you use the bushing to make sure that your installed plate holder doesn't move? Im not really sure how you have it all setup, but I was thinking that you could rely on the bushing instead of the washer. I dont know why that caught my eye, but i was thinking with vibration from the bike and road would wear the torque down on the fastener and change position on the plate.

Ohh by the way good looking bike. Im going to put 10" bars like yours on my bike

Last edited by HDFatboy98; 11-15-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:52 PM
tinmarine
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice. Lines are great. Not over the top, but far from stock. Nice.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:13 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by soft 02
Hmmm. Needs a tank lift. Nice work though but you know that!
Thanks man...and thanks again for all the help you have been. I have debated a tank lift but just not sold on it yet... but who knows what the future holds. Lol

Originally Posted by 24v
I love your bike. I am not really a fan of chrome, but your bike is definitely the exception.
Thanks a lot. Everywhere I go here in Central Cali I see blacked out bikes. I like that mine stands out.... and well, I like shiney stuff. Hahahaha

Maybe I will make it down to San Diego sometime and ride with ya. You ever in Central Cali?

Originally Posted by HDFatboy98
question? on the part where you installed the large washer to retain the mounted plate if you get a bushing with a slightly smaller od couldn't you use the bushing to make sure that your installed plate holder doesn't move? Im not really sure how you have it all setup, but I was thinking that you could rely on the bushing instead of the washer. I dont know why that caught my eye, but i was thinking with vibration from the bike and road would wear the torque down on the fastener and change position on the plate.

Ohh by the way good looking bike. Im going to put 10" bars like yours on my bike
My bars are 12" Wild 1 Chubby Outlawz.....love em!

You know, tthat's a great idea on using a bushing to fill that larger hole. I am a little concerned that it may rotate, like you said, with all the vibration. But I am not sure a bushing would hold it...it certain my wouldn't hurt to try it because the bushing would also wedge in the hole and grab the "teeth" on the axle mount and might keep it from spinning. I am going to give that a try...thanks!

Originally Posted by tinmarine
Very nice. Lines are great. Not over the top, but far from stock. Nice.
Thanks a lot! I have seen some FXST's around my area but I have seen none like mine, with my paint scheme and/or mods. Its nice that it stands out in the crowd of blacked out bikes around here.... although, I like blacked out bikes also.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:18 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,788 Likes on 9,863 Posts

Glad you found a way to make it work. Looking better and better!

Old 11-15-2012, 08:28 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by machinistmate
Glad you found a way to make it work. Looking better and better!
Yea, not exactly how I was hoping but looks good none the less.

I owe you a beer or three one day!

Quick Reply: Central Cali Updates :) (MORE PICS, MORE MODS)