Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Enclosed Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 11:19 PM
ia2189
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Enclosed Trailer

Brought home a new hauler today for the Fat Boy. It's a Legend 6x10 (plus a 3 ft. V-nose) aluminum enclosed trailer with a single torsion axle. We're thrilled to be able to hit more exotic locales now (especially in winter months). Took it out unloaded to stretch its legs tonight with a short trip to the in-laws about an hour away. I've never towed anything before so it was an experience. Other than the mpg hit and the F-150 feeling like it had a fatter ***, the trailer was exactly what we wanted. I obsessed over all the decisions/options on these things for weeks/months. I debated and debated to go bigger to get a tandem axle with brakes, but in the end I wanted as small as I could get and still feel comfortable fitting a full size Harley in it. Can always trade up later, but being a first timer this is a much better fit. My Powertyes were on the doorstep when we got back so I'll be hooking up the Fatty tomorrow for practice. We're hoping to get a short trip in right off the bat to the DUbuque, IA/Galena, IL, area (and hitting Poopy's in Savanna, IL, as well).

Attached Thumbnails New Enclosed Trailer-005.jpg   New Enclosed Trailer-016.jpg   New Enclosed Trailer-017.jpg   New Enclosed Trailer-018.jpg   New Enclosed Trailer-021.jpg  

Old 07-06-2013, 04:46 AM
kneesinthebreeze
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice, I wish the trailer I have to haul my 4 wheeler around was enclosed. From the pictures yours looks to have plenty of room for bike and gear.

Old 07-06-2013, 07:11 AM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,005 Likes on 497 Posts

I see you have a condor wheel chock already, they are worth their weight in gold. Second best add on I did was e-track, fairly cheap online, easy to install and makes tying down anything so much easier. Enjoy the trailer, great cure for the winter blues.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:11 AM
DDuess
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paint the floor with deck paint. I got some of the non skid additive to put in it too. Loading on wood with wet tires, no fun. I painted the walls white, it makes it easier to light the trailer at night.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:38 AM
Overcast
Cruiser
Smile local

Legend? 'Can't say I've heard of them. I'll have to go online and search for them.
Are they costly? Maybe they're more of a Midwest company, and I'm on the West-coast. Looks like a beauty.....congrats!

Old 07-06-2013, 12:24 PM
ia2189
Club Member

Originally Posted by Overcast
Legend? 'Can't say I've heard of them. I'll have to go online and search for them.
Are they costly? Maybe they're more of a Midwest company, and I'm on the West-coast. Looks like a beauty.....congrats!
They're made in Michigan so probably mostly Midwest. The local dealer was phenomenal with answering my questions, their service, and taking the time to show me everything and make sure I was comfortable since this is my first. It has a 5 year warranty and 25 year warranty on the floor and roof. With everything setup (chock, tie downs, registration, tax, etc.) I was on the road at $5k. The other one I was considering was Aluma but they were quite a bit more $$$. I was mostly concerned with the manufacturer standing behind their product and dealer service after the sale.

Last edited by ia2189; 07-06-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:10 PM
ia2189
Club Member

Got the Fat Boy tied in. Let me know if anything looks suspect. Any helpful tips are appreciated. The Pro Pipe was a challenge to maneuver around. That's going to be an issue if hot. It's snug in there without bottoming out the front forks.

Attached Thumbnails New Enclosed Trailer-001.jpg   New Enclosed Trailer-002.jpg   New Enclosed Trailer-003.jpg   New Enclosed Trailer-004.jpg   New Enclosed Trailer-006.jpg  

Old 07-06-2013, 09:43 PM
RobbAR
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used some bed liner coating for the floor of my trailer. Grizzley Grip coating it seals the wood and has a anti slip texture works GREAT....

Old 07-06-2013, 09:58 PM
RobbAR
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a picture of the inside..I also added a ceiling and painted the walls white with deck paint. The nice thing about the coating on the floor is I brought it up about 4 inches on the side walls makes it easy to hose out and clean up..

Attached Thumbnails New Enclosed Trailer-image.jpg  
Old 07-06-2013, 11:08 PM
_Gir_
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Looks good, only feedback I have is that the bike is mounted somewhat forward and will increase the tongue weight. I don't think it would be enough to cause instability but hey, just something I noticed.

Quick Reply: New Enclosed Trailer