Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on the Breakout?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 09:01 AM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Thoughts on the Breakout?

I am not in the market for a new bike but I did take a good look at the Breakout yesterday. I really liked what I saw and want to ride one at the next demo day.

Question - Do you think the Breakout will have a production run longer than the Rocker and the Blackline?

Old 11-17-2013, 09:47 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 699 Likes on 381 Posts

I think the Breakout could be short lived like the others. They are already accumulating at a few dealers here. For a while none of them could keep one on the floor.

Old 11-18-2013, 11:02 AM
Kiernans88
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The MY14 color selections are the current downfall. They made a far too aggressive change from red, blue and black to what is available now. Yes a bike can be painted, but the average consumer doesn't want to fork out a new paint job straight from the dealer.

Old 11-18-2013, 11:30 AM
504ENGINEER
Advanced

Originally Posted by 24v
I think the Breakout could be short lived like the others. They are already accumulating at a few dealers here. For a while none of them could keep one on the floor.
It's hit or miss down here. Might see one at the dealer most likely not. I in the 7 months of having one I have only ran into 1 other at a bike night and have never seen another one on the road.

Old 11-18-2013, 11:52 AM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Well if it is short lived you could pick one up for cheap. In today's economy no one can really say with any confidence the future looks good for any new model or new model line. I really like the breakout because you can easily transform one into a sick pro street chopper but stock I think it is ok.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:01 PM
Harley_Charley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiernans88
The MY14 color selections are the current downfall. They made a far too aggressive change from red, blue and black to what is available now. Yes a bike can be painted, but the average consumer doesn't want to fork out a new paint job straight from the dealer.
I agree with this statement, the color palette for 2014 is horrible, none of those colors are flattering on the bike. The 2013 colors were nice, and you can't ever go wrong with Black, which is the color I have.

I don't think the bikes will be short lived to be honest, I think HD learned from their mistakes with the Rocker and Rocker C as far as the rake, seat positioning, and body lines. Back when the Rocker first came out I wanted one, but hated the seat, tank shape (+ paint) and rear fender and then alas, years later the Breakout came exactly how I wanted it for the most part.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:19 PM
DM426
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 772 Likes on 369 Posts

One thing the Breakout appears to have going for it is that most people seem to agree it's a nice looking bike. Which is a change from, say, the Blackline, which many people thought was ugly.

I imagine the Breakout is going to appeal to the same kind of rider who would ordinarily be attracted to the Dynas, rather than the (usually older) crowd who prefer a big old fat bagger. Don't know if that means it will sell well, though, as Dynas handle a bit better.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:30 PM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by mmcbeat
Question - Do you think the Breakout will have a production run longer than the Rocker and the Blackline?
Doesn't matter. The majority of people these days are riding around on bikes which are about as common and svelte as a fire hydrant. In any gathering, a Breakout or a Rocker is welcome relief. Seen it over and over again.

Old 11-18-2013, 04:59 PM
Juiced_deuce
Cruiser

i like the looks and lines of the breakout cvo, the blue is nice althou i dont care for the scallops or whatever they are on it. i also think the bars are too low, and would need a set of mini's. but thats just my opinion.

Old 11-18-2013, 05:37 PM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 82 Posts

I like the bike. I don't like the bars, but that's an easy fix. Wish they had put a 200 rear on it instead of the 240, but if I didn't have my Night Train I'd take a look at one. We'll see if they keep selling.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on the Breakout?