Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 07:25 PM
jd_cincy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sincitychoppa
Oh wow, it was to my understanding that the old rocker pipes were the ones that fit and Vance and Hines discontinued those. Can you please advise which pipes and what part number you used as I have been getting a lot of confusion going on. If I am able to use those pipes I will be totally stoked. I just want to make sure that it is a clean bolt on and no modifications have to be made.
Believe you already have your answer, but I agree with 24v and the others. The standard Big Radius 2:1 fits, no problem. I had some doubts as well, before I was reassured by this crowd!

I purchased from Revzilla, part number 28019.

Here's mine -

Old 12-03-2014, 01:41 PM
MARCUS 79
Tourer

How come no Superior Blue Breakout showed up yet nowhere????
Curious about it!!!!

Old 12-04-2014, 03:46 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Hi guys!
Planning some radical mods on my BO during the winter as well as a custom paint job. Just willing to share some pics of the BO that inspired the mods I'm planning. It's made by Thunderbike (Germany) and honestly I really appreciate the overall contour of the bike. I'll keep the stock 240/18'' rear wheel and the 130/21'' front 'cause here in Italy is a PITA changing tire measures. I'll also have a very different paint job considering that my BO is all black'n'chrome.
The parts I really appreciate the most are the chopped rear fender and the stretched tank. A custom seat is required to fit the rear fender. Some limits are given by the stretched tank. The capability is reduced to about 3,3 gal (15lt), while stock BO tank is about 4,1 (18,9 lt), if I remember well, but can easily accept this compromise. Now trying to solve a second issue. This tank uses a Sportster fuel pump and is not supposed to give fuel level indications. Since I have the 4'' combo speedo/tach 70900100B installed on my BO I guess it can work anyway with the new tank or, maybe, needs the fuel level sensor kit that is used on some Sportster models to fit the speedo. What do you think? Any opinion would be highly appreciated since I'm not so skilled on the tech side.
I really appreciate the line of this tank and the absence of the dash/console gives IMHO a much cleaner look and a better base for a custom paint job.
I'd also add the chin spoiler (one of the few available for ABS equipped Softails), led 3in1 front/rear turn signals, Progressive Shocks (or Shotgun) and a slightly smaller front fender.
Very curious to see how it'll be the final result...it'll be something different for sure but it'll take some time!

Attached Thumbnails The Everything Breakout Thread-2013-thunderbike-harley-triple-8-1.jpg   The Everything Breakout Thread-2013-thunderbike-harley-triple-8-5.jpg   The Everything Breakout Thread-2013-thunderbike-harley-triple-8-2.jpg  
Old 12-04-2014, 04:14 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Nostradamus74
Hi guys!
Planning some radical mods on my BO during the winter as well as a custom paint job. Just willing to share some pics of the BO that inspired the mods I'm planning. It's made by Thunderbike (Germany) and honestly I really appreciate the overall contour of the bike. I'll keep the stock 240/18'' rear wheel and the 130/21'' front 'cause here in Italy is a PITA changing tire measures. I'll also have a very different paint job considering that my BO is all black'n'chrome.
The parts I really appreciate the most are the chopped rear fender and the stretched tank. A custom seat is required to fit the rear fender. Some limits are given by the stretched tank. The capability is reduced to about 3,3 gal (15lt), while stock BO tank is about 4,1 (18,9 lt), if I remember well, but can easily accept this compromise. Now trying to solve a second issue. This tank uses a Sportster fuel pump and is not supposed to give fuel level indications. Since I have the 4'' combo speedo/tach 70900100B installed on my BO I guess it can work anyway with the new tank or, maybe, needs the fuel level sensor kit that is used on some Sportster models to fit the speedo. What do you think? Any opinion would be highly appreciated since I'm not so skilled on the tech side.
I really appreciate the line of this tank and the absence of the dash/console gives IMHO a much cleaner look and a better base for a custom paint job.
I'd also add the chin spoiler (one of the few available for ABS equipped Softails), led 3in1 front/rear turn signals, Progressive Shocks (or Shotgun) and a slightly smaller front fender.
Very curious to see how it'll be the final result...it'll be something different for sure but it'll take some time!
How about opening up a new/seperate thread about your winter mods...latest once you are getting started!?

Last edited by EagleRay; 12-04-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:19 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by EagleRay
How about opening up a new/seperate thread about your winter mods...latest once you are getting started!?
I'll do that for sure. For the moment just willing to share the idea and the choice. As soon as the mods will start I'll open a separate thread for this "project"!

Old 12-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Roadstrdude
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nostradamus74
I'll do that for sure. For the moment just willing to share the idea and the choice. As soon as the mods will start I'll open a separate thread for this "project"!
That sounds like a good idea... maybe invite people to join in and show what they done to their BO's over the winter too... It will be cool to see what ideas people come up with...! Im always on here looking a what everybody has done as far as their mods.... I've took notes for my planned "winter" project...!

Old 12-04-2014, 07:48 PM
Roadstrdude
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 26avenida

Awesome bikes and great information. Thank you to everyone of you.

2014 cvo breakout:
16" apes (eliminated front turn signals)
lowering kit (Burnout Cycles Lowering Kit - $99.99 @ J&P)
home made license plate relocation (completed at local shop in Roseville, Ca)

That's it for now. I'm broke until February 2015. Thanks all!
Very Cool...!!!

Old 12-05-2014, 04:50 AM
Jimstang
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just a couple small things this morning. Painted and cleared coated the seat bolts...after a quick wet sand with 3000 grit and some polish I'm pretty satisfied with how they turned out.
Also had a custom shift linkage made and it arrived in the mail today...hell yeah!

Attached Thumbnails The Everything Breakout Thread-img_20141205_103300.jpg   The Everything Breakout Thread-img_20141205_103110-2.jpg   The Everything Breakout Thread-img_20141205_103027-2.jpg  
Old 12-05-2014, 02:20 PM
xSUITTOx
Intermediate
Default Breakout owner who has V&H Short Shots Staggered

Who has the Vance & Hines Short Shot staggered on there breakout ?

Need a part number in chrome, please.

I know that Vance & Hines are not ready for the breakout, but seen them on breakout, with a modified mount.

Old 12-05-2014, 03:27 PM
BMM48
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jimstang
Also had a custom shift linkage made and it arrived in the mail today...hell yeah!
That's cool...

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread