Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed 1.5" Risers On Breakout

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 01:28 AM
Harley_Charley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Installed 1.5" Risers On Breakout

I've had these 1.5" risers for at least 6 months (thanks to JackJr, appreciate ya) and finally decided to install them. I was going to chrome them first but said screw it and wanted to test them before I spent money chroming them. Haven't taken the bike for a long ride yet but the reach is much better, less leaning forward. I think 2" for me would be better but I don't know that 2" would work with existing factory length cabling, but maybe it would.

Anyway, here you go:

Making room for the DK 3-4" Tank Lift:

Need to add a zip tie to the cables to keep them from rubbing the tank.....no problems now (just need to get a black zip tie):

Had to cut the zip ties to get enough slack in the wiring to the handlebars:

Old 02-16-2014, 04:34 AM
Pa-Rider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There they are! I know for me, those made a huge difference in back position. I'm still debating on chroming mine. I went ahead and ordered the blackline console, and may just pull my risers off and have them chromed along with the console when I send it in. Also, the Danny Gray seat I ordered should move me slightly closer as well, so that will help too.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:59 AM
BlessedHellride
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I now see what you meant by speedo flip in your other post. And if I recall correctly, you sir charley called someone else's bike fugly as hell in another thread. you are heading in that direction, stop before it's too late!! Both of those mods are horrible and completely detract from the bike, what are you thinking, man??

I fear it's too late, isn't it...to each his own, if it makes you happy, go for it!

Last edited by BlessedHellride; 02-16-2014 at 07:03 AM.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:08 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 96 Posts

Question...does the flip have any negative impact on readability of the speedo because of the larger angle?

Old 02-16-2014, 12:51 PM
Harley_Charley
Road Master

Originally Posted by BlessedHellride
I now see what you meant by speedo flip in your other post. And if I recall correctly, you sir charley called someone else's bike fugly as hell in another thread. you are heading in that direction, stop before it's too late!! Both of those mods are horrible and completely detract from the bike, what are you thinking, man??

I fear it's too late, isn't it...to each his own, if it makes you happy, go for it!
Thanks for the vote of confidence, haha. Like I mentioned in my previous post if the Speedo Flip doesn't work out with the tank lift then I'll move it back. As for the risers, this is the only way to bring the bars back without buying new risers.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:24 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 699 Likes on 381 Posts

I agree, that **** is ugly. But, if you like it, who gives a **** what I think.
I would put CVO handlebars on before I would use those spacers. We could wrap the spacers with shiny vinyl for now until you get them chromed.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:18 PM
Chaparro78
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 24v
I agree, that **** is ugly. But, if you like it, who gives a **** what I think.
I would put CVO handlebars on before I would use those spacers. We could wrap the spacers with shiny vinyl for now until you get them chromed.
Much rather use the spacers that can easily be chromed or powder coated than handlebars that look like the ones on my BMX bike as a kid (CVO bars). I like the drag bars over the CVO bars or ape hangers.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:21 PM
Harley_Charley
Road Master

Originally Posted by Chaparro78
Much rather use the spacers that can easily be chromed or powder coated than handlebars that look like the ones on my BMX bike as a kid (CVO bars). I like the drag bars over the CVO bars or ape hangers.
I love the drag bars as well, and the spacers will get chromed eventually I'm just more disappointed that I'm not gonna be able to run a tank lift. Maybe I'll just have a custom tank built and call it a day.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:19 PM
BrokenAnchor
Road Captain
Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

Harley Charley, what brand of drag bars did you mount? I've got a 2014 CVO Breakout and am thinking of switching the CVO bars for the drag bars.

Last edited by BrokenAnchor; 07-18-2016 at 09:20 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 07-19-2016, 01:31 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by BrokenAnchor
Harley Charley, what brand of drag bars did you mount? I've got a 2014 CVO Breakout and am thinking of switching the CVO bars for the drag bars.

Why don't you buy a second hand stock Breakout dragbar? Cheap option and there are many on the market, plus you can have it chromed if you wish.
Another option I believe could be the Fat Bob dragbar. If I'm not wrong is 1,1/4" too, a couple of inches shorter but with a greater pullback.

Quick Reply: Installed 1.5" Risers On Breakout