Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breakout LED Fender Brake/Turning/Running Light Installation

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 10:10 PM
Harley_Charley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by EvilestFool
I did try calling the number from the packaging on the picture you posted. No response on the weekend. Will try on Monday. Another question I had was, will you be taking off the factory turn signals and only use the LEDs now?
No bueno on them not answering. As for my tail lights, they aren't factory, they are the upgraded LED HD's I installed afterwards. I'm gonna test out the new fender light for a couple weeks first to see if they are bright enough to use stand alone and will make a decision afterwards.

Old 03-25-2014, 06:48 AM
EvilestFool
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got it in the mail yesterday. Now just need a warm day to work on it.

Finished mine.

Attached Thumbnails Breakout LED Fender Brake/Turning/Running Light Installation-20140330_211038-2-.jpg   Breakout LED Fender Brake/Turning/Running Light Installation-20140330_212334-2-.jpg  

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 08-12-2015 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:17 AM
Killer Squirrel
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it bright enough to completely remove the stock tails? I am wanting to go led but really like the strip - I don't want to bother sticking leds in the stockers if I can actually safely remove them altogether.

Old 03-31-2014, 07:26 AM
EvilestFool
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure. I just got it done last night. Ill report back and let you know. I would like to take them off too.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:49 AM
Killer Squirrel
Tourer

What's the verdict guys, they seem bright enough to run with just the strip?

Also, HC would you happen to have the part #s for the harness parts handy that you got to make it an easy plug 'n play? I'm sure I can find em but hey if you have happen to have them sorted already I'm sure others would benefit as well.

Last edited by Killer Squirrel; 04-08-2014 at 09:03 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:08 AM
JiXeR
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can tell you from riding with micro that it is DEFINITELY bright enough. the only down side is that there's not quite as much difference between the 'on' for turn signal and 'on' for brake light. so, when he has his blinker on, it's kind of hard to tell. i generally just watch his helmet. if he's checking his mirror, i know we're turning. hahaha.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Killer Squirrel
Tourer

Awesome thanks for the update. Lot of us with Breakouts in Houston now eh?

Old 04-08-2014, 11:23 AM
HD and VETTE
Cruiser

I am done with my install and I did not use HD due to even if parts were available I was sure they would charge up my XXX. I went on line and found them and also found a 3 pin to make install even easier..3 pin is for end of Chrome glow wires to the 4 pins. Only make sure you order deutsch dtm04-04 the m is very important as they have dt04 which are bigger but look the same, dont ask how I know. So bottom line I got 2 dtm04-04. price and ship was $31. came in 2 work days.

I also agree with JIXER on the brightness. Hard to tell between run and turnsignal on. But my wife says at the corner she can see the difference as I am leaving.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:39 AM
JiXeR
Tourer

Originally Posted by Killer Squirrel
Awesome thanks for the update. Lot of us with Breakouts in Houston now eh?
yup! got CultLdr, Micro, and myself. 2 others that i know of that i know are in the facebook group, but not sure if they are on here or not.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:43 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 703 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by HD and VETTE
I am done with my install and I did not use HD due to even if parts were available I was sure they would charge up my XXX. I went on line and found them and also found a 3 pin to make install even easier..3 pin is for end of Chrome glow wires to the 4 pins. Only make sure you order deutsch dtm04-04 the m is very important as they have dt04 which are bigger but look the same, dont ask how I know. So bottom line I got 2 dtm04-04. price and ship was $31. came in 2 work days.

I also agree with JIXER on the brightness. Hard to tell between run and turnsignal on. But my wife says at the corner she can see the difference as I am leaving.
Can you please show a picture or a list of what you used for the wiring? I know all the pins and connectors from Harley to make an in between harness was still less than $31, and that's with 12 pins and 4 connectors..

Last edited by 24v; 04-08-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Breakout LED Fender Brake/Turning/Running Light Installation