Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breakout LED Fender Brake/Turning/Running Light Installation

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 06:15 PM
LucidBrkout
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

picking up my new 2015 BO from dealership next saturday and this is gonna e my 1st mod to attempt myself. I am not super electro savvy with soldering and such, so is there any issue with just doing the Chrome Glow kit with run/brk/turn signal kit? I know it would be easier to return to stock the way 24v and HC did, but i would just be lost without some serious written and photo instructions.

thank for everyone who helped in this post. love when it all comes together.

Old 11-23-2014, 09:28 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 703 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by LucidBrkout
picking up my new 2015 BO from dealership next saturday and this is gonna e my 1st mod to attempt myself. I am not super electro savvy with soldering and such, so is there any issue with just doing the Chrome Glow kit with run/brk/turn signal kit? I know it would be easier to return to stock the way 24v and HC did, but i would just be lost without some serious written and photo instructions.

thank for everyone who helped in this post. love when it all comes together.
What Harley_Charley and I did is what you want. If you just wire them without the little harness you will only get 2 light functions, not all 3.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:40 PM
Harley_Charley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v
What Harley_Charley and I did is what you want. If you just wire them without the little harness you will only get 2 light functions, not all 3.
Ironic this post being resurrected as I just disassembled the whole thing to remove my struts.

Listen to what 24v said......he was the brain child behind my bikes wiring, even though we had to wire it a couple times lol.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:42 AM
super2kc
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm wonderin if this would be a PITA to install on a Canadian version of the BO.
Anyone north of the border give this a go?

Old 01-27-2015, 05:59 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 703 Likes on 381 Posts

Why would it? Is your license plate under the tail instead of on the side? The wiring shouldn't be any issue.

Old 02-02-2015, 02:16 PM
CalBear96
Novice

I am really glad this thread has resurfaced as I have been looking at the CD lights and did not know of the chrome glow. I was not thrilled with the $180 CD option, but it seems fairly easy as opposed to the rewiring and soldering needed for the CG. I am a complete newbie when it comes to electrical wiring and soldering though I am a quick study and love a good challenge. I have a few items I want to do once I get my BO, and this is near the top. The instructions on here seem pretty thorough so hopefully I am able to do it. How long did it take 24V and you to do this project? I figure I will double or treble the time to give a realistic time frame for me.

Old 02-02-2015, 05:19 PM
super2kc
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v
Why would it? Is your license plate under the tail instead of on the side? The wiring shouldn't be any issue.
Yeah the Canadian version has the tail light and license plate hanging off the rear fender. I just bought the axel mount license frame and Chrome Glow so this might be an entertaining installation, what would we do without beer!
oh and I found look of the LED inserts to be more affective than the stock turn signal bulbs so we'll see how she turns out.

Last edited by super2kc; 02-02-2015 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:35 AM
Brkout Benny
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear reflector removal.

Originally Posted by 24v
Great thread, how did you guys remove the rear reflector?

Old 02-20-2015, 04:16 AM
noodlejohnson
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just ordered the dynamic rings today for breakout. i got high hopes seems like a quality product only time will tell wish me luck.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:34 PM
paulc2015breakout
6th Gear
Default made my own taillight with brake and turn

Quick Reply: Breakout LED Fender Brake/Turning/Running Light Installation