Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5 3/4 Daymaker LED Headlight Fitment Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 04:48 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

One last one.

If anyone has any suggestions as to why I didn't need a load equalizer chime in.

Attached Thumbnails 5 3/4 Daymaker LED Headlight Fitment Issue-image.jpg  
Old 12-28-2014, 11:08 PM
rogersachs
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Alain
Ok boys here is a quick shot of the Daymaker 4 inch auxiliary lamps stuffed into a fat bob headlight bucket.

Like 24v mentioned in his thread I installed the Daymakers upside down (so the cut off line from the light beams is on the bottom ).

I used the HD nesting rings to support the lights inside the bucket. Although I haven't ridden the bike yet I don't think the lights are going to spin inside the bucket because when I try to spin them by hand its really hard to do. So I don't see even the vibration from the bike and the road causing them to spin.

I also installed the Custom Dynamics - Dynamic rings front turn signals and those are also bright as hell. By the way, I did not get any fast flashing on my 08 rocker and Im not running the load equalizer that custom dynamic says is needed.

Anyone know anything about that? The stock tail lights on the rockers are LEDs but the stock front turn signals were regular bulbs. I guess maybe because of that the rocker already has provisions for equalizing the load on the front sigs.
I did the same front and back on my 2013 Street Bob. No problem. Did not need Equalizer. Very bright.
Roger

Old 05-29-2015, 04:59 PM
NYC_Breakout
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

If anyone has actually installed the headlight snubber, can you explain how the install was done. I cant seem to properly place it for the headlight and ring to fit securely.

Old 06-11-2015, 07:21 PM
reggman2
Novice
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm adding this in as there isn't a lot out there on the subject and it sounds like I wasn't the only one. Harley states the LED is not compatible. This is what I did to make this work:

2014 FXSB Breakout - Billet head lamp shell part # 67704-03 - Daymaker headlight part # 6770145

First off nothing against other people on here, but you have to read the instructions for the billet headlight.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/app-c...ts/-J03018.PDF

On page 5 of 10 look at figure 9. Pay attention to #1 adapter ring then look at #4 shell boss cut out. That notch needs to go into the shell over the bump at the 8 o'clock position. That's step one. Put the ring in the housing.

Then plug in the led assembly without moving that ring. Next look at number 7 - see that bump - it needs to go into the 3 o'clock position when you slide the lamp in. It's easy to tell as the HD logo and the writing will be across the bottom of the light. Now if you push in and twist you will notice the light doesn't move.

Now comes the fun part. The problem everyone is talking about here is that there is about 1/4" of space between the edge of the light and the retaining ring (number 1 figure 10). I went to a hardware store and bought scraps of rubber that were 1/4" thick and shimmed it around the headlight edges. Then I installed the retaining ring and also shimmed under the 4 raised pieces on the ring itself. Popped the trim ring back on and it hasn't moved a hair after testing it hitting some speed bumps etc... Anyway hope this helps someone else.