Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pics with new apes

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 04:17 PM
flicksport1200
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pics with new apes

Hi all finally got around to uploading pics of my ride first couple are when I bought her and then with changes ive made myself enjoy

Last edited by flicksport1200; 03-28-2014 at 04:24 PM. Reason: making sure photos upload
Old 03-28-2014, 04:51 PM
Carolina Joe
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the changes you've made. You've got a good looking ride without going too overboard.
Stay safe.

CJ

Old 03-28-2014, 06:09 PM
flicksport1200
Cruiser

i got upgrades comin when i get some more money

Old 03-28-2014, 08:46 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I will say it again, I wish I had known long ago how comfortable these apes would have been. If I had known that? They would have been on every single bike I have ever had since my 1st Harley in 1975. I had bought them and had them installed to go for a certain look and I really thought it was going to be at the expense of comfort.

Since and after a summer of riding last year I have zero shoulder pain, zero back pain and more important zero tailbone pain. My tailbone was getting so bad that after 20, 30 minutes of riding I was in really bad pain and I had to pull over to get off of it more than I cared to or should have had to do.

I do have to lay cliam that I also have made 2 other mods, getting my seats porfessionally reworked, monotubes up front and a particular a rear suspension mod that everyone here who has one speaks very, very highly of too. The thing about that though is that those 2 mods, the suspension and the seat work were on my bike before the apes were installed and I still had the pain. The pain ONLY went away AFTER and NEVER came back until the apes were instaled.

Your bike looks really sweet with those apes you put on. Have you had the chance to ride it yet, to get the feel of them? If not I am willing to bet that you really like them and glad you switched.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:53 PM
flicksport1200
Cruiser

ive rode a little, not long yet , but i had 12s on my xlc when i had and loved them, so i hoping tomorrow the wife and I can put some miles on the bike , what i had on the bike i was hunch over, with these i sit straight up and comfortable

Old 03-28-2014, 09:01 PM
Dake
Club Member
Received 1,036 Likes on 1,029 Posts

Looks good! Two questions What brand Apes are those? What is the black thing on the left side a cup holder?

Old 03-28-2014, 10:38 PM
zyonsdream
Tourer

You speaketh the truth! I feel the same way sans the upgraded suspension. My suspension is stock and my bars high! I have degenerative disc disease and my back killed me after 50 miles or so. Now, I can literally run all day with no issues. Never again will I ride without apes.

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
I will say it again, I wish I had known long ago how comfortable these apes would have been. If I had known that? They would have been on every single bike I have ever had since my 1st Harley in 1975. I had bought them and had them installed to go for a certain look and I really thought it was going to be at the expense of comfort.

Since and after a summer of riding last year I have zero shoulder pain, zero back pain and more important zero tailbone pain. My tailbone was getting so bad that after 20, 30 minutes of riding I was in really bad pain and I had to pull over to get off of it more than I cared to or should have had to do.

I do have to lay cliam that I also have made 2 other mods, getting my seats porfessionally reworked, monotubes up front and a particular a rear suspension mod that everyone here who has one speaks very, very highly of too. The thing about that though is that those 2 mods, the suspension and the seat work were on my bike before the apes were installed and I still had the pain. The pain ONLY went away AFTER and NEVER came back until the apes were instaled.

Your bike looks really sweet with those apes you put on. Have you had the chance to ride it yet, to get the feel of them? If not I am willing to bet that you really like them and glad you switched.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:45 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Great to hear zyonsdream! I am glad it just isn't me. I am much like you, I will never own or ride another bike without apes on it. I don't know how many times someone has come up to me and asked, ("how can you ride with those on there"). Do you know what? I was one of those guys too for the better part of 40 years or so myself. I have found out for myself that Apes are much more comfortable and for some reason a bunch more fun to ride too!

Old 03-29-2014, 05:28 AM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Tony you are so right, I road for years with dragbars cause I liked the look but the pain got too much for me now (getting older) now I ride all day and no pain. I am with you I will never have another bike without them

Old 03-29-2014, 05:58 AM
dansax
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

Never had apes on a bike. My beach bars are really comfortable for me with arthritis in my left shoulder. I have to try them one day.

Quick Reply: pics with new apes