Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lowering kits (collar kits)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 09:15 AM
strapped
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering kits (collar kits)

Hello is anyone here running the collar lowering kits? I have a Deluxe I have put a Progressive drop in in the front 2 inch lower but think the rear needs to come down some. how will this affect the ride I weigh 245 thanks

Old 04-06-2014, 11:04 AM
Shadowray
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I have them on my 2012 Deluxe, there were easy to install, I will be selling mine if interested when I put my shotgun on. I have the no shock removal lowering kit.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:04 PM
nickel.wound
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I used the Dead Creek lowering kit on my Deluxe. Works great, easy to install:

https://www.deadcreekcycles.com/No-S...Kit_p_704.html

Old 04-07-2014, 01:13 AM
Ronin99
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

this is the second bike i have installed the dead creek collars on. wish i had the money for a shotgun but 80 bucks work! i'm 220 and find that taking the preload on the shocks to 2 turns, smooth out the bumps a lot better. FYI, I hear should lower the rear before the front. so get those collars on quick! front should be same height or higher than the rear. correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:18 PM
strapped
Advanced

Originally Posted by Shadowray
I have them on my 2012 Deluxe, there were easy to install, I will be selling mine if interested when I put my shotgun on. I have the no shock removal lowering kit.
Is your profile pic with the collar kit? if so how much did you lower it and if I could bother you for a side picture thanks

Old 04-08-2014, 03:07 PM
Shadowray
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by strapped
Is your profile pic with the collar kit? if so how much did you lower it and if I could bother you for a side picture thanks
It is my current profile pic with the collars. I used the 2" collars it also comes with 1.5" kit. I just installed my shotgun so these are off the bike. PM for more pics

Old 04-09-2014, 10:42 AM
MattG1329
Advanced

I lowered mine using the dead creek 2" collar kit. I never adjusted the shocks or anything and haven't noticed any issues with ride comfort. I am 275lbs and usually just ride solo on the bike but have had my 120lbs wife on the back since lowering, and still no issues.

Old 04-09-2014, 05:13 PM
Specialed603
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Not trying to thread jack you but I was wondering if anyone had ever used the eBay lowering kit? It's just a bolt setup I believe.. Not really sure but it was only like $14 so I figure it couldn't hurt to ask about them. I'll spend the $80 on the dead creek setup but if the $14 ones are just as good then I'll get them and keep saving for the shotgun shock. And another question while I'm here lol... What's the difference between the progressive original kit and the drop in kit other than the obvious about not needing to disassemble the front shocks. Should I spen the extra couple bucks and not need to disassemble or is it not worth it.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:45 PM
strapped
Advanced

Originally Posted by MattG1329
I lowered mine using the dead creek 2" collar kit. I never adjusted the shocks or anything and haven't noticed any issues with ride comfort. I am 275lbs and usually just ride solo on the bike but have had my 120lbs wife on the back since lowering, and still no issues.
Thanks for the info bike looks good!!! by chance do you have a before shot of it thanks again.

Old 04-10-2014, 12:31 PM
erbssr
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why would I lower my bike? I drag the floorboards every day now.lol

Quick Reply: lowering kits (collar kits)