Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who would be interested in a Speedo relocation kit for 5" speedos?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 01:47 PM
Jimmy Dixon
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who would be interested in a Speedo relocation kit for 5" speedos?

I emailed a custom parts maker about wanting a bar mounted Speedo housing like the Breakout.
The breakout is a 4" speedometer and Mine and I think all the other softails are 5".
He said that he is looking into what it would take to make one. He thinks its an interesting project.
So, for those interested in getting rid of your dash and going with a Blackline tank cover this might be an option soon.
This is the place I emailed.
http://topdownproducts.com/
Maybe you could push them a little too.

Attached Thumbnails Who would be interested in a Speedo relocation kit for 5" speedos?-unnamed.jpg   Who would be interested in a Speedo relocation kit for 5" speedos?-_57.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
mill789 (05-02-2021)
Old 04-17-2014, 03:08 PM
JiXeR
Tourer

Harley Charlie just posted a thread on how to do this on the breakout without having to order parts.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:14 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 699 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by JiXeR
Harley Charlie just posted a thread on how to do this on the breakout without having to order parts.
How to do what?

Old 04-17-2014, 05:15 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jimmy Dixon
I emailed a custom parts maker about wanting a bar mounted Speedo housing like the Breakout.
The breakout is a 4" speedometer and Mine and I think all the other softails are 5".
He said that he is looking into what it would take to make one. He thinks its an interesting project.
So, for those interested in getting rid of your dash and going with a Blackline tank cover this might be an option soon.
This is the place I emailed.
http://topdownproducts.com/
Maybe you could push them a little too.
Why not just use the Breakout setup and buy the smaller speedo? You don't think you will have any clearance issues with the larger speedo? It is already pretty close to the Blackline dash with both the CVO and standard Breakout risers.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:43 PM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Ive wanted one that would mount to the riser cover on my Nacelle kit and use the black line dash cover but I haven't done any research

Old 04-17-2014, 05:56 PM
JiXeR
Tourer

Originally Posted by 24v
How to do what?
wow...nevermind. lol. i read that wrong. i thought this was a thread about flipping the speedo. hahaha. i just got done ready harley charlie's thread and then read this one. i guess it was still in my mind and then i saw the upside down bracket...so, yeah....don't mind me.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:05 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

JiXeR, no worries Dude. We all "wander" off at times. I did it twice tonight and other than someone questioning me, it all ended well, no harm, no foul.

Old 04-18-2014, 06:10 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
JiXeR, no worries Dude. We all "wander" off at times. I did it twice tonight and other than someone questioning me, it all ended well, no harm, no foul.
It's called a "senior moment".

Old 04-18-2014, 02:14 PM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Good Idea

I'd be on the list. Used to like my dash on the tank but with heavier traffic and slower reflexes I'd like my info closer to line of sight. Good idea.

Old 04-20-2014, 03:26 AM
Jimmy Dixon
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 24v
Why not just use the Breakout setup and buy the smaller speedo? You don't think you will have any clearance issues with the larger speedo? It is already pretty close to the Blackline dash with both the CVO and standard Breakout risers.
Tell me this. Is the mileage information stored on the bike or the speedo?
Do the 4" speedos just plug and play?
I was thinking about getting the blackline speedo but that requires triple tree change, new bars etc...
I took my dash off and extended the speedo as far as it would go and it should mount on the risers with no problem. I didnt take the tank off to see if there was more slack I could get out of it.
I wouldnt think there would be an issue of clearance as there would be no dash to interfere.
Since this is a custom thing, I would assume that they would adjust the design to accommodate.

Quick Reply: Who would be interested in a Speedo relocation kit for 5" speedos?