Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

v&h headers..longer pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 11:11 PM
what_the?!
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default v&h headers..longer pipes?

hi all, i got me some v&h pipes, and i want to go longer..about 6 inches..

im wondering what, if any, slip ons would fit the headers...?

does anyone make them?- also, with the v&h headers, im noticing they are really close to my left leg when i put my foot down..like, too close..if not careful it gets really hot, really fast..

any ideas please?

cheers,tim

Attached Thumbnails v&h headers..longer pipes?-20140412_081234-1.jpg  
Old 04-18-2014, 03:44 PM
olongapo1
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I assume that you're referring to V&H Duals. I have the same pipes on my Fatboy. Being the type of person that can't stop modifying my bike I decided to extend the pipes. Added 8 inches by having a steel pipe machined to the correct dimensions and configuration. Attached are photos of the mock-up and the final assembly after chroming.

As for the heat under your left leg, I also looked for a solution after burning my leg a few times. A "Captain Itch Crotch Cooler" solved this problem. Note: The prefabricated Crotch Coolers that can be ordered directly from Captain Itch's web site are roughly an inch to short for your Duals. Call the company and they will custom make you a longer one. Well worth the money.

Attached Thumbnails v&h headers..longer pipes?-img_1153.jpg   v&h headers..longer pipes?-img_1231.jpg  
Old 04-21-2014, 05:34 PM
what_the?!
Advanced

Originally Posted by olongapo1
I assume that you're referring to V&H Duals. I have the same pipes on my Fatboy. Being the type of person that can't stop modifying my bike I decided to extend the pipes. Added 8 inches by having a steel pipe machined to the correct dimensions and configuration. Attached are photos of the mock-up and the final assembly after chroming.

As for the heat under your left leg, I also looked for a solution after burning my leg a few times. A "Captain Itch Crotch Cooler" solved this problem. Note: The prefabricated Crotch Coolers that can be ordered directly from Captain Itch's web site are roughly an inch to short for your Duals. Call the company and they will custom make you a longer one. Well worth the money.
thanks olongapo1.... i checked out the cooler... not too keen on it though..basically a big leather pad that extends way past the seat...not too elegant for my custom ride..

im guessing that theres no other solution..i note that some have stuck exhaust wrap to the inside of the heat shield...

im also guessing that no one does a slip on to fit the v&h pipes...(?)

Old 04-22-2014, 09:21 AM
SUUIE
Road Master

Python is V&H's secondary brand. Their mufflers are longer and they have different shaped tips that all should bolt right on.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:32 PM
what_the?!
Advanced
Smile

Originally Posted by SUUIE
Python is V&H's secondary brand. Their mufflers are longer and they have different shaped tips that all should bolt right on.
thanks mate..just emailed them.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:27 AM
challutz
Cruiser

I had the same problem, its not true that other slipons wont work. I took Samson 4 inch by 30 inch slipons and put them on my VnH headers, the only thing i had to change was the bracket that holds up the slipons which Samson will sell you separately. Im sure other slipons would work too with the right brackets.

Attached Thumbnails v&h headers..longer pipes?-bike-2013-003.jpg