Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Iron 883 - Highway Pegs

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 09:50 PM
Delnorin
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom - ST
At the link below is our Stealth Adjustable Highway Peg Mounting Kit in Sano Black this kit comes Durable Black Powder Coat Finish. This would save you from having to get them powder coated
http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/Stea...DK-SHP-BLK.htm

Kelsey

Thanks for the shout out! I must say we have awesome customers

Kelsey
Super awesome to both you guys.

Yep, these are the ones I am going to purchase. SOLD!

I just need to organize the money for 30 items before I get to highway pegs. But these are absolutely what I am going to buy and use.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:57 AM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Delnorin
Super awesome to both you guys.

Yep, these are the ones I am going to purchase. SOLD!

I just need to organize the money for 30 items before I get to highway pegs. But these are absolutely what I am going to buy and use.
I'm sure you will love them! Can't wait to see pictures after all your mods

Kelsey

Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/DKCustom/Links/Sig1-8-14_zps9d8aff35.jpg

Old 03-01-2015, 11:18 AM
kwn36
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

+1 for the DK stealth highway pegs. I bought them for my '13 Iron and really liked them. Not long after, I sold the bike...but highly recommended and easy install.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:01 AM
IronRoughneck
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently wondered the same thing and a bunch of research to figure out what is out there and what would work and here is what I came up with. If you want Highway Pegs you have several manufacturers that offer different options; DK Customs, Kuryakn and Harley Davidson.

The DK Customs are adjustable and attach directly to your frame. They are essentially stylish steel plates and look like they kinda slice through the air and you can get them in black.

The Kuryakn Highway bar mounts to your frame as well, but instead of being separated into two pieces to attach on either side, it is basically one long bar. It is cheaper, does come in black, but it is not as aesthetically pleasing IMHO and is not adjustable.

The Harley Davidson Adjustable Highway Pegs in contrast are hefty steel L- shaped bars that are attached to your frame where you would normally attach forward controls. Though they are adjustable, they are not as adjustable as the DK Custom Pegs when you are on the road and want to make a quick change. They also are the most expensive and do not come in black, however I found their shape to be most pleasing to the eye.

Ultimately, I decided to go with the HD Adjustable Highway Pegs with the intention of painting them flat black to match my Iron. Since I was going to paint them anyway I searched craigslist, amazon, and ebay for used highway pegs rather than buy them new from the stealership. Eventually I was able to find a pair for around $100 with free shipping which is about $100 less than what they go for from Harley. Oh, and it is important to note that these generally DO NOT come with the actual pegs- they are the frame mounts so you will have to purchase a set of pegs from jpcycles, revzilla, ebay, amazon or another shop to complete the setup. (These generally run anywhere from $60- $140 a pair depending on make and model)

As far as getting the HD pegs black- you will either have to have them powdercoated or you can paint them yourself if you are the handy type. I painted mine myself and it was relatively easy. If you go that route, you will need to sand the chrome pegs with a rough grit sandpaper, wipe down and then sand again with a more fine grit sandpaper. I think I used 200 grit initially and then 800 or 1200 grit for the final sand. Wipe off and clean them with alcohol until you cant see any more metal residue on the rag. Then you will need to hang the peg from a coathanger or string or something to that effect and spray it with 2-3 coats of self etching primer making sure to keep the can far enough away and constantly moving so as to avoid drips. After a day of drying, do the same thing with flat black paint. If you get any drips, wait for the paint to dry then sand them off and continue with another coat or two. This worked like a charm for me and gave me exactly the look I was going for. I will try to post pictures when I get back onshore in a month.

Hope this information helps you narrow down your decision. Good luck to you sir and post pics when you get it all worked out!