Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Sportster delivered this afternoon

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 04:55 PM
tlaw
Road Captain
Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts
Default New Sportster delivered this afternoon

My new Sportster arrived this afternoon at approximately 4:15 PM. It doesn't look any different than the pictures I posted from the shop but I took new ones anyway to share because now it's home in my garage. Of course, it hasn't rained in a month and today it is raining. I've got a large parking lot out back that I was hoping to goof around in a little bit. License doesn't come until June so it's going to be torture between now and then unless I can get some buddies to come out and ride with me. Anyway, here it is:

I know I am supposed to be planning my first upgrades and yes, I have been looking at millions of pictures on here (maybe a little exaggeration) but I have a feeling stock is going to have to be good enough for awhile (except maybe the seat).

Any day now I'm going to be able to say I ride a Harley.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:11 PM
franktko
Cruiser
Received 42 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by tlaw
License doesn't come until June so it's going to be torture between now and then unless I can get some buddies to come out and ride with me.
Here in Quebec, you get a temporary permit and you have to wait 11 months before getting your permanent permit. In that period, you can only ride with another experience rider on his own motorcycle. It sounds to me like you're in a similar situation: you could actually ride with someone, but not alone?

I say F*&$ that ****! During that 11 months period, I rode around 3000 miles, never with someone. As long as you don't do crazy **** to get the cops on your ***...

Go out and enjoy your new ride!! F*&$ the rain too!

Old 05-12-2015, 05:35 PM
LonestarXL
Road Captain
Received 283 Likes on 108 Posts

Very nice bike congrats! Ride it stock for as long as you can stand it, if not you'll sink $ into upgrades you haven't thought through. Then go to town.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:59 PM
kwn36
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Great choice. Love my Custom. Ride safe.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:23 PM
tlaw
Road Captain

Thanks everyone. And yeah Frank, I'm supposed to ride with a licensed rider while I have my permit. I hope to be licensed in June after I take my safety course. And I decided puddles or no puddles, I have to play a little bit so I went out in my parking lot and drove in circles and then switched directions and went in more circles. I even got into second gear...living large. I wasn't real smooth or real pretty but no one was looking and even if they were, too bad, I'm still riding a Harley. I've got a nice four mile loop around an office campus that's real quiet in the evening. Stealing a ride or two around there is my next goal.

Stock is my lot in life for awhile. Between the bike, helmet, gloves, etc., my upgrade budget is zero. Still, very good advice.

Ride safe---More than anything that's the goal.

I realize this is all pretty commonplace for all of you but I'm a guy sitting here in a state of disbelief. Who'd have ever thought I'd own a motorcycle, much less the motorcycle?

Old 05-12-2015, 07:33 PM
hexnut
Banned
Received 224 Likes on 176 Posts

Really nice motorcycle. Don't worry about it being stock. That bike is pretty nice stock. I rather ride it stock than many bikes modded up. Enjoy that bike.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:38 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

Very nice ride. Hope you can find some to ride with. It would be difficult to just look at it.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:43 PM
tlaw
Road Captain

It's torture to just look at it. I do have some friends around who will take me out. Unfortunately one of them is out of town until next week but I'll keep myself occupied riding in my parking lot, dusting it off and staring at it for awhile.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:07 PM
sroc3
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow that's a great color. Good choice man! It's a great bike stock. Even the suspension is nicer and more plush than my crappy 48 stock suspension was. When I first got my Harley two years ago I was in the same state of disbelief - I didn't think I would ever be riding a motorcycle. Ever. Then one day.......MSF course and BaM! I'm on a Harley I love my Sporty and you're going to love yours as the years go by. Ride safe and well. The open road is going to be your new friend

Old 05-12-2015, 09:35 PM
lewk
Road Warrior
Received 213 Likes on 192 Posts

I like the stock look too and I keep my 1200L as-is when it comes to appearance.

Quick Reply: New Sportster delivered this afternoon