Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screaming eagle super tuner pro

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 07:39 PM
tbarcia
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Screaming eagle super tuner pro

I have an opportunity to get the super tuner pro (orange} for my 2011 forty-eight and I have a question... The bike has already been tuned for the pipes and air cleaner so is there any benefit other than in case I make changes later? Can I get mileage or other data from it?

Thanks.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:56 PM
sawka
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

I have the same tuner and I personally like it especially after the most recent software update. However is the only one Ive ever used. If I could do it again I would get one of the other tuners to be honest.

Old 09-29-2016, 03:59 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts

Originally Posted by tbarcia
I have an opportunity to get the super tuner pro (orange} for my 2011 forty-eight and I have a question... The bike has already been tuned for the pipes and air cleaner so is there any benefit other than in case I make changes later? Can I get mileage or other data from it?

Thanks.
In what way has your bike been tuned? If it is a dealer download, it will be tuned to meet EPA regulations, which are not optimum. A SEPST will enable you to do that. There are other brands available.

Old 09-29-2016, 05:32 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Thanks.
define "opportunity".

and looking and your list of rides, this probably will not be your last harley...

Old 09-29-2016, 05:39 AM
Mr_Taipan
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

My Iron came with a SEPST but I found it difficult to use and understand. SoI bought aDJ Powervision, which you can use on the bike rather than have to plug it into the computer, add gauges, easily autotune etc...

Old 09-29-2016, 08:00 AM
tbarcia
Advanced

From what I was told, the dealer who installed the pipes and air cleaner did a full dyno tune. It sounds like 4 hours or so on the dyno. This was before the lawsuit when the dealership could tune outside of the epa limits but I don't know exactly what was done.

As far as my list of rides that's just what I have now. I traded a 2008 R1 for the sporty and have had a bunch of other sport and standards over the years. With that being said, the tuner is only good to tune this bike and can't be used in my next Harley, right?

Old 09-29-2016, 08:02 AM
tbarcia
Advanced

Define opportunity... The previous owner offered it to me at a good price. I'm trying to figure out if I'll get any use from it.

Old 09-29-2016, 08:04 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts

For your bike to be tuned and set up on a dyno it must already have a tuning device on it of some sort, which may be a SEPST. I suggest you check your bike over, find the ECM and see if there is a piggy-back or other device there. No point buying that SEPST you refer to, if you already have a tuner installed!

Last edited by grbrown; 09-29-2016 at 08:09 AM.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:08 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

From what I was told, the dealer who installed the pipes and air cleaner did a full dyno tune. It sounds like 4 hours or so on the dyno. This was before the lawsuit when the dealership could tune outside of the epa limits but I don't know exactly what was done.

As far as my list of rides that's just what I have now. I traded a 2008 R1 for the sporty and have had a bunch of other sport and standards over the years. With that being said, the tuner is only good to tune this bike and can't be used in my next Harley, right?
right:
http://www.harley-davidsonforums.com...442-post3.html

you could use that info to strong arm the seller if it has been married. throw him 50 bucks or tell him to keep it... he'll just have to throw it in the trash. lol not sure if this is the same person that sold you the bike... if so, he really should have figured it into his sale price and just gave it to you rather than trying to extort you. it's useless without the bike.

if he is talking greasy like $200 or so, look at other options. you already have the tuned beast, no sense in paying for the used up cow. i'd avoid a fuelpak for the same reasons mentioned above.

Last edited by cvaria; 09-29-2016 at 08:20 AM.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:26 AM
tbarcia
Advanced

I bought it from a dealer and they got him in touch with me because they didn't take the stock seats, tuner or luggage rack as part of the trade. So he's trying to unload stuff that he doesn't need and I'm trying to get a deal. He's selling the tuner and the HD luggage rack for $100. I don't really need the rack, but it may be useful someday.

Quick Reply: Screaming eagle super tuner pro