Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Sportster Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by: Rush Racing Products

P

Old 09-25-2007, 01:56 PM
Hang Around
Default Nightster Mod Suggestions

Hi, everyone...... i'm new

I'm looking to buy a 2008 Nightster within the next 3 months (this will be my first bike) and I was wondering if there are any aftermarket parts that people can suggest for me

More specifically, I'm wanting that raw exhaust sound (preferably loud enough to make children cry if i can) with as little right-side scraping as possible when turning.

In the way of tires, air filters, and whatnot... i'm open to anything from performance to form and function type parts

If I seem ignorant it's because I just got into bikes, and I know relatively nothing.

Thanks

Old 11-01-2007, 01:02 AM
Road Warrior
Send a message via Yahoo to Teek
Default RE: Nightster Mod Suggestions

Stage 1 upgrade and remap for the electronic control module (ECM), drag pipes (essentially hollow pipes with no baffles), K&N air filter with an open breather. I'll tell ya to do what I do with bikes, and guns...use it a while, and become proficient with it bone stock...then you'll know what modifications to do. Oh, and also find out if there are any noise ordinances around your stomping grounds. Loud enough for YOUR children to cry is fine, but others get kinda uppity when you make THEIR children cry...I don't think you'll have a problem with that in Huntsville, though.

Teek
Old 11-01-2007, 01:09 AM
Road Warrior

Buy a custom, nightsters suck, jmho, lol
Old 11-01-2007, 02:02 AM
Road Warrior

Quote:
ORIGINAL: HDHornet

Don't fault him for his envy.... Only guys with big c!@#s can ride Nightsters lol

2007 XL1200N Hot Rod Bobster
Old 11-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Outstanding HDF Member

Quote:

I second this statement. IMO the Nightster's color combos with the exception of the orange and black are just too drab. I guess I like my engines to shine too. The gray engines and the natural finish engines look like crap...[8D]

It's better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what you're not...
"96 XL1200C Modified to MY liking...
1998 Ultra Classic, Stock and stayin that way
Old 11-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Road Captain

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Danula
with as little right-side scraping as possible when turning.
Then you should buy a Roadster not a Nightster. Nightsters are lowered a good amount. Roadsters are not, so they clear things much better. Besides, sit on a Nightster and a Roadster before you buy. The Nightster will feel "cramped;" I can almost guarantee it. It has narrower handlebars and the seat pushes you forward. It feels like it was meant for ... oompa loompas.

Mods you can do? I would upgrade to "Stage 1." What that includes is new exhaust, high-flow air cleaner, and a fuel manager to make it all work. You will see a noticeable performance gain depending on what you go with.

Scroll down on this page to see what types of exhausts work on HD bikes. Keep in mind, some setups gain more power than others. Other setups can actually lose power over the stock setup (like drag exhaust pipes... because they are made for sound only not performance).

http://www.harley-performance.com/harley-exhaust.html
Old 11-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Old Fart

Quote:
ORIGINAL: HighDesertKid

Quote:

Don't fault him for his envy.... Only guys with big c!@#s can ride Nightsters lol
Or is it, only "vertically challenged" individuals need mid controls? Can't stand mids after going to forwards.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
04 1200C - Hammer 1250 - Smash Heads - .560 Cams - Supertrapp - Hurricane Flow A/C - TC88A Ignition

Old 05-03-2008, 09:24 PM

I have a 2007 Nightster, I did the following mods: Screaming Eagle Stage 1 High Flow airfilter, Vance and Hines Short Shots Staggared in Black, Vance and Hines Fuel Pack, Forward Controls. I love the performance of my bike and the sound is awsome.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Outstanding HDF Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Nickster

I have a 2007 Nightster, I did the following mods: Screaming Eagle Stage 1 High Flow airfilter, Vance and Hines Short Shots Staggared in Black, Vance and Hines Fuel Pack, Forward Controls. I love the performance of my bike and the sound is awsome.

Carefull with that SE A/C. There are atleast 3 members on here that had screws come loose and suck in the motor. all within a 1000 or so miles of them being installed.
Road Captain

There are so many different styles ofpipes it's hard to say what would be best for you...

Check out these websites:

www.vanceandhines.com

www.pipedreamz.biz

Vance and Hines (V&H)produces high quality systems for a reasonable price, check Pipedreamz's website and you'll see a lot of other brands besides theirs, such as hooker,rinehart, sampson, bassani, supertrap....

Like I said, there are a ton of different routes you could go, try a search for exhausts or slip-ons

Mine are called Insomniac pipes by Pipedreamz, I like their style and the sound is unique

good luck

09 Xbones - Stage I - Big Sucker, Rinehart 2-1, rear lowered 2.5"

P