Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidson Credit

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 02:50 AM
black87ttop
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Davidson Credit

Just wondering how easy/hard it is to get approved for harley davison credit line. I will be looking to buy an nightster or an street bob this summer and i have less then perfect credit. I will have all my loans paid off before i go , and my credit cards will be at a reasonable balance. I make good money but im self employed, i work a part time job just for taxes. I want to put down 2-3 grand cash, so whats everyones experience with this. Did you get declined? Did you have to put lots down? I mean basically do you have to have an 800 credit score to drive off in a bike, I am 22 as well, so my buddy, and we are both looking to get bikes at the same time.I know this isnta general answer, but just share some of your experiences if you have them. thanks guys

Old 02-26-2008, 03:04 AM
orvisbre
Advanced
Default RE: Harley Davidson Credit

with half way credit you will be approved.... you may or may not have to even put money down.....its not a very hard process.........it takes about 5-10 minutes to fill out the paperwork and get approved/ denied.....I would guess without some major blemish on your record you will be fine. The only thing you will be fighting against is the interest rate.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:08 AM
6o66er
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have ***** credit and still got approved...DIVORCE SUCKS!

Old 02-26-2008, 03:22 AM
black87ttop
Novice

okay cool, yea i dont have any major credit blemishes , just a couple late payments on credit cards, but no missed payments no repo, no bankruptcy, only one collection agency for nextel, they ****ing suck, i made a deal with them and i paid my part of the deal to cancel my service cuzy it blew horribly, well they changed their minds and said i had to pay the 225 cancellation fee, so i fought with them for months, had people say it would be taken care of and they apologized, months would go buy then still nothing, i call back and it was like startin all over again, they had no clue what each of them said to one another after 8 months i gave up and told them to fvck off.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:29 AM
6o66er
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You'll be fine...I have a repo and two maxed cards...(thanks to my dumbass ex). Especially if you can put something down. Try and haggle em for a better price though.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:00 AM
black87ttop
Novice

Oh i def. will, thats awesome, i feel a little better after hearing that. I thought i was gonna be stuck with my 86 kawasaki 454 ltd forever. I dont know if i should keep that bike or sell it to put towards the harley. Its such a good little bike and i had/have lots of plans with it. I was gonna go the bobber route with it, hmmm, maybe i can keep both for when i have a buddy who doestn own a bike can ride it.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:54 AM
robaube
Intermediate

Never could be easier...they want to move bikes....my credit was so so, and still got great rate , and the dealership really knocked down the price of my bike to help get my payment where they needed to be.......start picking your color.... DR. DR.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:16 AM
jpowell490
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

only problem I see is the self employment, I would say you are screwed there. They have to see income, and if you have a part time job that doesn't make much, you could be in trouble.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:29 AM
valveguide
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your credit is aok you can get a bike without any money in your pocket.

That's how mine managed to get in the garage.

BUT.

I think the bike was $9k or so , after it is all over I think I am paying $12k , probably more...

Old 02-26-2008, 09:37 AM
nycfxdl
Tourer

Had a low credit score when I went in last year. I was only financing a small amount - 5G. They first denied it. Finance mgr called and 5 min later I was approved for the full purchase if I wanted.

Get to know the people at the dealership......

Quick Reply: Harley Davidson Credit