Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wife's Sportster

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 11:08 PM
Marquezj16
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Wife's Sportster

Stopped by Mississippi Coast Harley Davidson today and my wife spotted this 2011 Sportster Custom in White Pearl with Pink Flames. Her words, "oh oh. I want it." Gotta keep her happy so a few hours later, she rode it home.

Attached Thumbnails Wife's Sportster-2011-sportster-custom.jpg  
Old 10-08-2011, 11:25 PM
TMO
Cruiser

My wife would love that. She spotted a black 1200 custom that she liked today....but she agreed to let me get my new Street Bob first. Congrats

Old 10-08-2011, 11:44 PM
mrnone
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

we got my old ladies bad *** windshield for that bike. It is a harley part with the quick release that leaves no hardware attached to the bike. she sold her sportster and got an fxr and the forx are 35 mm and will not fit.
we got it on ebay it is at 81 dollars lists for 450.
congratulations me and my ol lady rode 200 miles together today. nice having the back seat free and still have your woman with you.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harle...item336ccfb417

Old 10-08-2011, 11:48 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Congratulations to her! Not only did she pick a nice bike out, but she will probably never have to worry about you taking that pink flamed monster out for a ride behind your back.

Old 10-08-2011, 11:50 PM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh I feel your pain!! LOL! We went to the local dealer to grab an oil filter. As I was paying, she's checking out a used Nightster. 5 days later, it was in our garage!!

That damn dealer is REALLY costing me a lot lately!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Nice bike!!

Old 10-08-2011, 11:52 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RaceFace
Oh I feel your pain!! LOL! We went to the local dealer to grab an oil filter. As I was paying, she's checking out a used Nightster. 5 days later, it was in our garage!!

That damn dealer is REALLY costing me a lot lately!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Nice bike!!
My dad went to take a look at a Massey Ferguson tractor several years ago. While he was there, he saw a little cocker spaniel that was caged up under the porch. This porch was more of a step, that was about four feet by four feet, and had no water. This poor dog was muddy, nappy, and starving, and tore at my dad's soft heart. He told the guy that he would not buy the tractor unless the guy threw in the little dog. The guy agreed, and my dad took them both home. We used to say that he paid $6K for a dog, but at least the guy threw in the tractor for free.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:39 AM
bcane98
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Did the same thing with my wife... my story is more of getting tired of her riding passenger all the time. She spotted a '11 birch white and sun orange 883, she fell in love, now she has just over 2700 miles since Aug. For our anniversary I got her V&H Short Shots with Arlen Ness Big Sucker stage II... underlying motive... I ride it too, even with the butterflies on the tank... LOL

Old 10-09-2011, 08:13 AM
Marquezj16
Tourer

Yeah, we were just stopping by to check on an owner's manual I ordered and maybe get some chrome polish, but as soon as we parked, she made a bee line for that baby! She traded in her Suzuki and stuck to her guns on how much she wanted for it. Overall, I think we got a very good deal. Now she walks around with this big grin on her face. :-D

Old 10-09-2011, 10:00 AM
doobs48
Tourer

Pretty nice... For a "girl's bike." LOL. My GF was messing around with the HD1 iPad app and came up with a similar bike. Not sure what it is about pink with girls... Maybe since it is ingrained in their heads at birth? On the plus side, you got her onto a Harley.

P.S. Before i get attacked... the girl's bike comment was mocking the fools who call sportsters girl's bikes.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Marquezj16
Tourer
Wink

P.S. Before i get attacked... the girl's bike comment was mocking the fools who call sportsters girl's bikes.
Yeah, I just laugh when someone calls my Sportster a girls bike.

I've been trying to get her to buy one since I bought mine not too long ago. For a moment I thought she would have gone for a Superlow but she did not like the way the controls line up. She also did not like the way, mine leans forward. Well that all changed yesterday! She wants to adjust the bars back just a bit so her arms can be more relaxed.

Quick Reply: Wife's Sportster