Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Docs Updated Nightster Mods 56K not welcomed!!!! Please give me feedback

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 02:49 PM
DocHoliday06
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nightbird2335
Jugs = Engine Cylinder Walls with the heat fins... which I think you said is just a High Temp Black paint.

I like your mods. As a fellow azn rider... rock on!

Oh yea yeah, I just used a very high temp spray paint can (rattle can).
I did noticed a difference in which paint you use.

My buddy BlackNight if you search on the forum he used VHT Black rustoleum paint i think, I used a rattle can that is white and has a picture of a black grille on the front. My paint seemed to be a little bit darker than my buddy Blacknights but if you just keep painting over it its not that big of a deal.

Nightbird,
Thanks for the compliment man. I'm glad im not the only azn person on here. its pretty cool to see peoples reactions though when they realize im some asian college student and not some big burly looking dude lol

Old 04-05-2010, 03:58 PM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mumeral
The zip ties will eventually dry rot, and get brittle, I would look into "safety wire" which is just a thin metal string, used to secure misc items on aircraft. .032 would work well, and they have special pliers that wind them up nice and pretty, make it look factory. That way the bottle won't come off, and I would use black nail polish on the foam so it doesn't eventually dry rot and fall off or break apart. Clean install, given me ideas for what I plan to do in the future.

You can get ultra-violet tolerant tie straps, they will outlast the bike before your next do-over, most likely. All electrical supply stores will have them.

Something to think about is the legality of the gas bottle. If it isn't DOT approved, an arsehole cop could hassle you and give you a ticket for it. No shet, I saw a man get a ticket once for a homemade gas tank in a pickup truck. He was storing extra gas for a trip through the desert out West, they went ape-shet about it and burned him a new one.

As far as safety, the bottle would be safer behind the seat, above the tail light, or below the headlight, where a slide wouldn't bust it and possibly cause a fire. No biggie, just a thought from me.

I like the look of the bike, anything different is waaaay cool.

I would be proud to have made such custom changes. As long as you like it, and you can get away with it, there is nothing wrong with it!

R Dowdy

Old 04-06-2010, 10:08 PM
TexasBikeBoy
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

[quote=

Something to think about is the legality of the gas bottle. If it isn't DOT approved, an arsehole cop could hassle you and give you a ticket for it. No shet, I saw a man get a ticket once for a homemade gas tank in a pickup truck. He was storing extra gas for a trip through the desert out West, they went ape-shet about it and burned him a new one. R Dowdy[/quote]

Naw we live in texas. Cops honestly don't give a **** down here. Hell we don't have to wear a helmet and I don't think I ever got my bike inspected even though it is a state requirement.

Doc, was reading the thread and taking some looks at the new pics. sorry i never even thought to tell you about the issue were the wires go into the handlebars from your controls. I got my bars and had the holes for internal already pre cut and still had to cut them more to get the hole in the right place. Just slipped my mind and regrettably I didn't get to tell you about that. Glad to see you got it all worked out though. Holler at me next time you come down here and we will do a bit of riding. This time we are actually gonna ride not drink beer and stare at ****.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:18 AM
madmax442
Tourer

Sweet bike! Its givem me lots to think about for my nightster too!

Old 04-10-2010, 07:29 PM
DocHoliday06
Banned

Originally Posted by TexasBikeBoy
Naw we live in texas. Cops honestly don't give a **** down here. Hell we don't have to wear a helmet and I don't think I ever got my bike inspected even though it is a state requirement.

Doc, was reading the thread and taking some looks at the new pics. sorry i never even thought to tell you about the issue were the wires go into the handlebars from your controls. I got my bars and had the holes for internal already pre cut and still had to cut them more to get the hole in the right place. Just slipped my mind and regrettably I didn't get to tell you about that. Glad to see you got it all worked out though. Holler at me next time you come down here and we will do a bit of riding. This time we are actually gonna ride not drink beer and stare at ****.
ah man its all good... im just glad i got passed it and my bike runs. lol boy would htat have sucked if i actually crushed all the wires and have to replace the whole damn hand control. can't wait for us to ride again bro lol. next time im in town i should have my front springs, speedo relo kit, superbrace and i'll actually be able to enjoy my street glides since my other stock springs were shot!!!!

Originally Posted by madmax442
Sweet bike! Its givem me lots to think about for my nightster too!
Hey madmax,

thanks man i appreciate it. i'm glad my bike has given ideas. Just be sure to post pics of it so that Me and the rest of the community can see.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:48 PM
DocHoliday06
Banned

Okay guys I just wanted to stop in here and give ya'll of an update of some stuff i've purchased and waiting for it to be delivered to my door!!

this is what i expect on getting in the next few weeks to a month!!!
not actual pics but you get the idea. I can't wait till i get them at my door step

1) oil dip stick i got for $25
2)Joker machine speedo relo kit $199.95 free s/h
3) Brand new in box progressive fork springs $70 free s/h
4) joker machine shifter peg $31.95 free s/h
5) Super brace for front forks $179

Last edited by DocHoliday06; 05-20-2010 at 11:50 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:52 PM
DocHoliday06
Banned

I shall be adding this to my bikes repertoire!

found a guy locally that bought it but went a different direction so its brand new.
Sold it to me for $25 WHAT A STEAL!!!!!!

Old 04-19-2010, 12:57 AM
Apples
Intermediate

Stash bottles!
The look of having the can there is rad. The actual idea of gas there... not so much.
But, making it a stash bottle is a great idea.
They're out there, couldn't find the same thing quickly... but they exist.
This link to a "head" site shows some regular bottles that are dummy bottles.
http://gorillaglass.com/images/wd40%20degreaser.jpg

Old 02-25-2015, 10:42 PM
johnteller
6th Gear
Default fellow azn rider

hi doc. i'm also a fellow azn harley owner. i just got an iron 883. your bike looks really sweet. what's your reasoning for not rocking any bags? i like how you mounted the fuel bottle and i was thinking of doing the same, but then i saw a solo bag with a bottle holder. i was also thinking about a fuel sling, but all the rivets seem a bit much for my taste.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:23 AM
Sweforty8
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by johnteller
hi doc. i'm also a fellow azn harley owner. i just got an iron 883. your bike looks really sweet. what's your reasoning for not rocking any bags? i like how you mounted the fuel bottle and i was thinking of doing the same, but then i saw a solo bag with a bottle holder. i was also thinking about a fuel sling, but all the rivets seem a bit much for my taste.
Hey man, you're aware that this is a 5 year old thread right? Just saying...