Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How rare are those Olive Green Nightsters?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 04:29 AM
Garcia85
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How rare are those Olive Green Nightsters?

So I came across a ebay listing for an Olive Green Nightster and the description said something about only 290ish being made the two years that the color was offered? I mean 290 doesn't seem like that many, but then again its not like they mass produce bikes the same way they do cars.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:04 PM
shopewell
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sounds about right. I think my dealer told me they only made around 150 in 2008. I know it took him a little while to find mine. Glad he did, love the color.

The following users liked this post:
jJackie Ray (06-20-2023)
Old 09-08-2010, 02:20 PM
.357 Magnum
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MO3iusONE
Wow! This is the most beautiful Nightster I've ever seen! I think there are two things that make it stand out:
  • The black trim at the rear of the fender. It's probably standard in Europe or countries that require the license plate to be centered on the rear wheel, but that black strip kind of "finishes" the line between the fender struts and continues the two-tone theme from the tank.
  • Those shocks! Long-legged folks like me will always roll our eyes at the "slammed" trend these days, but the little extra space between the rear wheel and fender gives it a very classic look... more like a direct competitor to the Triumph Scrambler and the performance-oriented Sportsters of past decades.
Is that your bike, or the picture from the listing? Any idea what shocks those are? Does the front need to be "raised" somehow to keep the rake/trail geometry the same? I wonder what they'd look like on a Forty-Eight with the big front tire...

Old 09-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Garcia85
Cruiser

Same here, I think I first got hooked on Harleys when I saw the Iron 883, then when I realized that a 1200 would suit me better, I started looking at Nightsters. I really dig the flat colors and I'm happy with my Olive green as well, it was either this or the gray/black one.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Garcia85
Cruiser

Originally Posted by .357 Magnum
Wow! This is the most beautiful Nightster I've ever seen! I think there are two things that make it stand out:
  • The black trim at the rear of the fender. It's probably standard in Europe or countries that require the license plate to be centered on the rear wheel, but that black strip kind of "finishes" the line between the fender struts and continues the two-tone theme from the tank.
  • Those shocks! Long-legged folks like me will always roll our eyes at the "slammed" trend these days, but the little extra space between the rear wheel and fender gives it a very classic look... more like a direct competitor to the Triumph Scrambler and the performance-oriented Sportsters of past decades.
Is that your bike, or the picture from the listing? Any idea what shocks those are? Does the front need to be "raised" somehow to keep the rake/trail geometry the same? I wonder what they'd look like on a Forty-Eight with the big front tire...
lol no clue, I just happen to google Olive Green Nightster and this is what showed up.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:25 PM
AaronG87
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

That is a European model. I got mine by sheer luck. The guy that had place the order backed out after it had been produced but, not shipped. It had been sitting at the plant in milwaukee for a while when I started looking for my nightster. At first I was bummed at the discontinuation of the olive green then this showed up. I guess it was meant to be.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:33 PM
est79
Intermediate

They're really that rare...wow. Before I got my '05 XL I had an opportunity to buy an '05 Olive N for $4k. Should have picked that one up!

Old 09-08-2010, 04:40 PM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by est79
They're really that rare...wow. Before I got my '05 XL I had an opportunity to buy an '05 Olive N for $4k. Should have picked that one up!
Just so you know....the Nightster didn't come out till 2007.

Olive green is my favorite color right after vivid black.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Galvatron
Cruiser

I was shopping around for a green nightster summer of 2008. Could not find one anywhere and I am glad because it caused me to put off the purchase just long enough for HD to release the Iron, which was absolutely everything I wanted right out of the box for a great price.

I do still love the olive nightster but am afraid I would have spent lots of money blacking everything out to satisfy me.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:11 PM
leanhog
Road Warrior

Paint colors make a big difference. Too many vehicles are produced of same colors. The olive is rare & special. I used to eat olives from the jar as a kid. Now I just look for the green m&m's.

Quick Reply: How rare are those Olive Green Nightsters?