Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Again with the "Girl's Bike"....

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 09:20 PM
jockeyshiftjoe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Again with the "Girl's Bike"....

Hey Guys,
Well I was at the shop today ordering my Cases actually (as soon as they get in I'll post photos on the Project thread). But anyways, while I was ordering them two younger guys walked in, now believe me Im not one to judge but I could tell right off the bat that they were crotch rocket fellas, But I didn't say anything, and here is how the conversation went. I asked them if there was anything I could help them with, and the cocky one of the two said they were just stopping by, and was wondering if Betty-(My boss's wife) had found a bike. I said yeah she bought an 883 sportster about 3 months back. He laughed and said that should suite her good being a woman's bike and all. I kept my cool, and said an 883 isn't that bad it's got some pep to it. and he said no all Sportsters in general are girl bikes..... Yeah another one of these guys. He the proceeded to say he went to the HD dealership and looked at those new 1500 sportsters and they look good if they just didn't say sportster on it. I tried not to laugh but I think I snickered abit and asked him if it was the model with the fat tires, he said yes, and I informed him that they are called the 48 and that they're 1200's, he tried to argue with me and tell me that they're 1500s, but I gladly already had Hd's website pulled up and with 4 clicks I showed him nope 1200. and while basking in my glory I wanted to throw fuel to the fire so I asked him what he rides and he said he had a Big dog chopper, and it "Did" have a 1500ci engine..... I asked if it was the 88 evo engine or the 117 s&s of course he said the s&s and I told him then the engine he had wasn't a 1500, that it was more close to a 1900....I could see it in his eyes that he wanted to prove me wrong, so I simply said "I could be wrong though, ride it down here sometime and we'll take a look at it" lol I know its pointless, this boy doesn't own a big dog chopper, I just wanted to put him in his place. after I said that His buddy who had been quiet up till now asked whos bike that was and pointed at my sporty in the corner of the shop, I said it was my sportster, and his buddy thought he'd be cute by saying," so you also ride a girl's bike" (When they walked in I saw the quiet one sorta walked with a limp) so instead of replying to the girl comment I asked if he had hurt his foot, and he pulled his pant leg up and showed me how skinned up it was, said he laid down his r6 3 days ago, I laughed and said his bike was more girly than mine seeing as how it's only a 600 and mine was a 1200, Hell even an 883 is bigger than his bike, then Mr. Cocky with the all mighty Chopper asked if we could order sportbike parts at the shop, I smiled and replied No, and then they simply walked out, Loosing customers is never a good thing, I know, But if these boys can't handle their r6's stock Im quite sure they don't need a power commander nor exhaust, Just thought I'd share a little story about how the customer isn't always right. lol Best Wishes Guys, -Joe

Old 09-27-2011, 09:46 PM
Aaron48
Road Master

Next time you see sportbike riders come into the shop just say "we don't serve yer kind here" and just

Old 09-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a very good story, Joe. I've been lucky so far and never received the "girls' bike" comment. Actually, today a guy that rides a Fat Boy Lo told me that I did a good job relocating the speedo.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:07 PM
John_K
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The only 'girl's bike' comments I get are from other Sporty riders

I bought my 'girl's bike' from a (rather cute) girl, and all the 'girls' like to comment on how much they like my ride!

I also get a lot of comments from kids (both boys and girls) about how cool or pretty my bike is... those are the best and always make me smile!

One thing is for sure, my Sportster always turns heads, and never gets a negative comment.

Not bad for a stock ride with a little chrome on it.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:08 PM
06Sporty75
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, that **** is funny, R6 is just a show off bike, that's about all it's good for.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:23 AM
jockeyshiftjoe
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Aaron48
Next time you see sportbike riders come into the shop just say "we don't serve yer kind here" and just
lol, I'd have to keep the shotgun & banjo near, they'd think deliverance and run

Old 09-28-2011, 01:58 AM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Aaron48
Never had gotten it either. I do however, get a lot of "Wow, what year is that old Harley???" Most people cannot believe it is a 2007, they think it is from the Forties or Fifties. H-D did a great job designing the Nightster, IMO. I got the "Great classic Harley, what year is it?" just two days ago from a gentlemen who was riding a 1991 H-D Lowrider.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:02 AM
ahhwataday
Tourer

Glad you kept your cool and knew what to say

Old 09-28-2011, 02:04 AM
gfburke
Tourer

There is a sign at Bad *** Bikes here in idaho "We don't service imports!". i like it there..
and $19.99 for a leather fork bag! woot~

Old 09-28-2011, 04:03 AM
Superfly3176
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

There's two types of crotch rocket riders. The kind you spoke to who think their japanese pieces of **** are the bees knees. And those who actually ride good crotch rockets like Aprillia, Ducati's, Triumphs, or Buells.

Quick Reply: Again with the "Girl's Bike"....