Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani Fire Sweep or Fire Storms?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 06:20 PM
TexFF
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bassani Fire Sweep or Fire Storms?

Looking @ getting some new pipes. I like the look of the Sweeps more w/the curve @ the ned but you can't remove the baffles. The Storms are straight cut, which is kinda plain but you CAN remove the baffles. I'm concerned if I get the Sweeps that they won't be loud enough & there will be nothing I can do about it. Which do you prefer & why? Thanks.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:02 PM
Aaron48
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TexFF
Looking @ getting some new pipes. I like the look of the Sweeps more w/the curve @ the ned but you can't remove the baffles. The Storms are straight cut, which is kinda plain but you CAN remove the baffles. I'm concerned if I get the Sweeps that they won't be loud enough & there will be nothing I can do about it. Which do you prefer & why? Thanks.
I have the Sweeps...trust me these suckers are loud enough. I love em because they don't get quieter even when the exhaust is hot. Turn up yer speakers !!! I was takin it easy on the driveby and all the popping are fireworks it was 4th of July.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpaVU...e_gdata_player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWPk3...e_gdata_player

Last edited by Aaron48; 02-19-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:21 PM
TexFF
Road Master

I'd seen the first vid but not the other 1. Thanks. It's really hard for me to judge exhaust sounds(depth of sound, true pitch & volume) from videos. What do the baffles look like? How do they compare to running just headers, if you've ever heard that?

Old 02-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Aaron48
Road Master

I'd seen the first vid but not the other 1. Thanks. It's really hard for me to judge exhaust sounds(depth of sound, true pitch & volume) from videos. What do the baffles look like? How do they compare to running just headers, if you've ever heard that?
The baffles are big and open with the small louvers in a spiral design. They actually create enough backpressure to help with the top end. Open headers are tiny and raspy....these baffles create a really deep bass rumble.. Trust me you hear an open set of pipes compared to these in person you will choose the Firesweeps. The videos are very very close to what it actually sounds like.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:34 PM
TexFF
Road Master

Is there any problem w/passenger pegs? I think you've got me sold on them.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Aaron48
Road Master

Is there any problem w/passenger pegs? I think you've got me sold on them.
I don't have any on mine but the exhaust is short enough that I don't see it being a problem.

These pipes also come in black but I dig the chrome ones. Trust me after install this will be you.....

Old 02-19-2012, 09:34 PM
TexFF
Road Master

I'll be going w/the black ones. Best price I've found is $506. I'll keep looking for a better price.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:08 PM
TexFF
Road Master

Ordered black FireSweeps today. If I don't like them I'm driving to Cottage Grove, MN & getting my money back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will I be fine running them w/Xied's (13.8 AFR) or better off w/a PC V? I don't want to run the PC V if I have to do a lot of crazy programming. I had 1 on my last bike but they had a MAP for my exact set-up so it was pretty plug-n-play w/out a bunch of BS involved. I already have the Xied's & a PC V so I won't need to purchase them.

Last edited by TexFF; 02-21-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Aaron48
Road Master

Ordered black FireSweeps today. If I don't like them I'm driving to Cottage Grove, MN & getting my money back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will I be fine running them w/Xied's (13.8 AFR) or better off w/a PC V? I don't want to run the PC V if I have to do a lot of crazy programming. I had 1 on my last bike but they had a MAP for my exact set-up so it was pretty plug-n-play w/out a bunch of BS involved. I already have the Xied's & a PC V so I won't need to purchase them.

The ied's will be ok...I had some on mine and it ran well. But the power pro just makes it run sooo good. I think if you already have a PC-V ya may wanna look into trying to take advantage of the fine tuning if possible. Either way you won't be disappointed...but I'll be waiting for you with a beer in one hand and another beer in the other haha.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:52 PM
TexFF
Road Master

Y'all have Shiner Bock up there???? I'll research the PC-V some more. I read somewhere it's kinda a PITA to get it dialed in.

Quick Reply: Bassani Fire Sweep or Fire Storms?