Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dynojet thunderslide kits?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 08:04 PM
salzy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dynojet thunderslide kits?

I'm getting my stage 1 mod ready for my 06 1200c and have a question about regetting the carb. I have already read the write ups in the diy forum and from what i can see it is not recommended to go into the top of the carb which brings me to my question. if you don't need to go into the top of the carb what is the purpose of the dynojet kits? I've got to assume that if these kits didn't work they wouldn't still be selling. has anyone used these kits? what was the result? I'm all for simple and if i don't need to mess with the slide then I'm good with that but if installing one of these kits really makes that much difference then maybe I'll look into it. any info or comment would be appreciated. thanks.......Salzy

P.S. has anyone installed the yost power tube kit? notice any difference?

Old 01-21-2007, 08:23 PM
diablo666
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: dynojet thunderslide kits?

Don't assume because something still sells that it works.people are still buying oxyclean and it doesn't work.I know because my wife tried some.Window tint is illegal in Pa but it still sells.That being said throw a low and main jet in the carb or get a mikuni.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:37 PM
salzy
Advanced

thanks for the reply but it really didn't answer my question. I agree with you that all because somethingsells doesn't mean it works but i have also talked to some people that say this is a great kit to install which is why i asked the question on the forum. I was hoping to get as much information as possible before i made a decision one way or the other.as i said simple is better but was just curious if these kits held any merit. thanks......Salzy

Old 01-21-2007, 08:43 PM
brian1
Banned

Overpriced, over rated and kills your MPG, enough said. I agree on the oxyclean also, they sell many things and there are people that swear by them compared to ?
KISS

Old 01-21-2007, 08:47 PM
CBJCH
Cruiser

I went with the Yost power Tube. Extremley Happy!! It woke up a sleeping Giant, I also got help from Mr Yost himself.

Old 01-22-2007, 03:51 PM
roadster rider
Novice

I went with the t-slide on my 05 roadster and it really works. I added SEII pipes and SE aircleaner as well and it really woke the motor up. My bike is now scary fast with instant acceleration.Read up on the dynojet sight and it will open your eyes to this great product, but remember what it's for and I would recommend other high perf mods as well or just leave it stock. And yes it did take my milage down a notch or two but I'm loving the power at my wrist.

Old 01-22-2007, 04:54 PM
aceospades
Road Warrior

i was thinking of buying the dynojet thunderslide kit..i will see how the rest of this thread goes before i can make a decision..so far i see one person loves it and others are saying its a waste of money without backing it up..meaning they are not saying if they have had an experience with it..just my observation

Old 01-22-2007, 07:05 PM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I love this discussion. Always get very emotional responses that either love or hate these kits.

ORIGINAL: roadster rider
My bike is now scary fast with instant acceleration.
Ditto. I put a T-slide in my custom and a standard DJ kit in my wife's Low. Both respond better with noticable gains. The T-slide does offer quicker throttle response. Roadster rider's description of his bike is pretty accurate. Why buy a kit? Because you are someone who either has never done a rejet before or plans on more upgrades in the future. Most important, they work. They come with everything you need. They come with additional jets for use in later upgrades. Without a kit you are running back to a store an guessing what you need next. The DJ kits come with detailed instructions to help you walk through the process effortlessly.

Small item to ponder: The same company that gets a bad reputation for producing these kits is the same one that produces the "Dyno" that everyone uses to pontificate about how much faster their '2 jets and washer' carb mod works "so much better than" or "as good as" those kits. Its the same "Dyno" used to provide detailed assessments of engine performance and tuning. Its somewhat ironic that so many blindly trust, believe, and tout (there are A LOT of posts here with Dyno sheets posted for view) the results of these Dyno runs to assess their motorcycle's performance but are CONVINCED that these kits are litle more than marketing hype. The kits were designed using the data they acquired from the Dyno runs. If the kits are crap, they are because the data was crap. And taking that a step further, if the data was crap, all those bikes must be....... Just a thought.

Oxyclean sells but doesn't work, jet kits are a waste of money, a 45/180 and three turns will give you better gains than any jet kit, eat Subway and you'll lose 600#, Anna Nicole Smith lost all her weight by taking Trim Spa, etc..... I can tell you how well my bike performs and someone will come right behind me and say it was a waste of money. Hard to find anything useful from that kind of back and forth. Bottom line: Trust but verify.

But I digress. The goal with all the carb tuning options is to adjust the A/F ratio to compensate for changing intake and exhaust modifications (moving more air in and out). There are many methods to adjust the A/F ratio in a Stage I setup. T-slide is one of them.

The original question was: Does the T-Slide work? The answer is: Yes. Everything else is extraneous details and rhetoric.

The following users liked this post:
Mg674 (09-07-2023)
Old 01-22-2007, 11:01 PM
jwb47
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes it works and works well . the reason people say dont get into the top end is because you could pinch the slide diaphram and tear a hole in it . 42.00 is the replacement cost. just follow the instructions and everything will be fine . one suggestin is you get replacement screws for the top and bottom of the carb as ts easy to mire the brass ones. I still think you need to add a bigger slow jet although the instructions dont mention it or supply one. on my 04 1200r I am running a 48/195 23/4 turns out on the mixture screw and the needle is on the fourth notch, screaming eagle a/c and python 3 slip ons.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:32 AM
salzy
Advanced

thanks guys. THIS is the kind of info i was looking for. people that have actually used the kits and could say one way or the other whether they worked. from what I'm reading these kits are a good buy and i think I'll give one a shot. I can always try something different if i don't like the outcome.......Salzy

Quick Reply: dynojet thunderslide kits?