Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2013 48 so far......pic

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 01:03 PM
Rollcrusher
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2013 48 so far......pic

Silencer grips and shifter peg, going to finish it with silencer passenger and rider pegs. The DK pegs were great, just had a hard time shifting, lots of grip. Wife likes them though (and yes I have a pillion when she rides)

Biltwell Keystone bars and HB tuck and roll seat are on order. Still trying to decide on a rigid or detach sissy bar.

Cycle shack slip ons. Very happy with them. Looking at the Cobra tuners and the DK intakes.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:02 PM
Fatbob V2
Cruiser

Looks pretty cool man, I like the passenger pegs, they look like my old BMX pedals. The belt guard looks different, not your standard vivid black.
Any plans to do the Silencer brake pedal with it being a solid cast? Let us know if you do as my GF's Sporty has the Silencer look but not the brake.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:45 PM
JaySwear
Road Captain

I love the detachable sissy bar! Just throwing that out there. It's very easy to get on and off, and Harley even sells locking pieces to make sure it doesn't go "missing" when you park the bike somewhere.

PS: loving the red accents around the bike.

Old 07-30-2013, 03:36 PM
Rollcrusher
Advanced

Originally Posted by Fatbob V2
Looks pretty cool man, I like the passenger pegs, they look like my old BMX pedals. The belt guard looks different, not your standard vivid black.
Any plans to do the Silencer brake pedal with it being a solid cast? Let us know if you do as my GF's Sporty has the Silencer look but not the brake.
Had the pedals up front but gave me trouble while shifting. Between my boots and the grip on the pedals just couldn't shift smooth.

Would love to do the silencer brake pedal but looks like it will take some drilling to make it work. Not sure if there are any aftermarket brake arms out there, would like to go that route and just swap them out.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:10 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Looking good!

They way to deal with the pegs gripping the boot and shifting...let the peg rotate a bit, then you move your foot to shift, but your boot stays with the peg since it is allowed to rotate.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 07-30-2013, 04:12 PM
elfnyc
Road Warrior
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

pretty damn kewl

Old 07-30-2013, 04:37 PM
Rollcrusher
Advanced

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Looking good!

They way to deal with the pegs gripping the boot and shifting...let the peg rotate a bit, then you move your foot to shift, but your boot stays with the peg since it is allowed to rotate.
Defiantly a solid peg. More of a problem with the height of my steel toe boots and the aggressive tread. Just had problems getting slid back under the shifter. I'm sure it just takes some getting use to.

Great platform for the passenger.

Btw, quick release peg pins = Excellent product.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:46 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Like the way the belt guard matches the paint.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:46 PM
samhallnc
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Rollcrusher
More of a problem with the height of my steel toe boots and the aggressive tread. Just had problems getting slid back under the shifter. I'm sure it just takes some getting use to.
This is why mine spin freely. I had the same problem getting my boot under the shifter, so I figured I'd hold off on tightening them up until I had the feel for where I wanted them... over time I just started spinning it as necessary without thinking about it. Anything else would be foreign to me at this point.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:16 PM
HD13
Novice

Nice job on the red accents, looks sharp!

Quick Reply: My 2013 48 so far......pic