Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

La Rosa Bolt-On Swingarm Bag

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 12:01 PM
RadRodriguez
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default La Rosa Bolt-On Swingarm Bag

I have been looking to add some storage to my Iron. I ride to/from work with a backpack containing bare essentials but as summer approaches, I need to loose the backpack due to the heat .

I have read most of the recent threads on swingarm bags and I think it will be perfect to carry what I need. Based on the reviews, I am planning on getting a La Rosa bag, but the new bolt-on type. Too many threads where the only negative was the mounting hardware, or lack there of. I like the HD bag's mounting bracket but love the look of the La Rosa bag. Now they offer their bag's with bolt-on mounting.

I am considering the rustic black leather in ClaSICK style, similar to this bag but bolt-on (they don't have any pictures of it bolt-on):

http://larosadesign.us/04-up-harley-...black-clasick/

Has anybody tried the La Rosa bolt-on bag on their Sporty? Your thoughts if you have are appreciated!

Thanks

Old 04-22-2014, 12:38 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

This has been an ongoing discussion for a few weeks now. I started a thread on the larosa vs the hd swing arm... then there was another thread comparing them again. Two more brands were raised. Rich Phillips and Bad & G customs.

Bad & G seem to have the best selection and options. I sent an email to them about the turn around time on an order and have not received a response. ..

the hd bag is of very poor quality and a terrible value for the money they want. But it does have mounting hardware.

The larosa bags seem to be loved and hated. There are spme complaints about the quality of the leather. The bags like all but the hd solo bags are jeld on by leather straps.

Rich Phillips bags: no info

Old 04-22-2014, 01:24 PM
RadRodriguez
Cruiser

I will take a look at the Bad & G customs. The Rich Phillips is a bit too much for my budget.

In the past all the other bags were held with straps except for the HD, but now La Rosa has a model held with a metal bracket similar to the HD. This is the mounting type bag I am interested in:

http://larosadesign.us/all-h-d-xl-le...on-saddle-bag/

I really don't want to spend the money these bags fetch and then start inventing or customizing a way to better mount it on my bike. I prefer to go with a frame mount even if the cost is a a little higher.

I am hoping to hear from somebody that already has a La Rosa Bolt-On style bag.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:49 PM
bigmant
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the La rosa left side saddle bag with the fuel bottle. Looks great and I can put all kinds of great stuff in it. Here's a picture:

Last edited by bigmant; 04-22-2014 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:30 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by RadRodriguez
I will take a look at the Bad & G customs. The Rich Phillips is a bit too much for my budget.

http://larosadesign.us/all-h-d-xl-le...on-saddle-bag/
The bag you are looking at is $239. Thats Rich Phillips territory.

The bag you are looking at looks to be better quality than the hd.

Old 04-22-2014, 07:40 PM
Donnybrook
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

My wife has the La Rosa strap on style on her left swing arm. They are good quality, a bit of a pita to attach though. She also had one on the right side, but removed it due to it rubbing on the belt sprocket.

Attached Thumbnails La Rosa Bolt-On Swingarm Bag-photo_3-1-.jpg  
Old 04-22-2014, 08:54 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Donnybrook
My wife has the La Rosa strap on style on her left swing arm. They are good quality,....
Cows!

Old 04-22-2014, 09:37 PM
Donnybrook
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
Cows!
You see cows...I see steak and prime rib.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:58 AM
201348hd
Cruiser

I have the HD Solo bag and have no complaints with the quality. It re-enforced so it doesn't lose it shape. I have no issues with larosa as I have there fuel bottle holder on my bike, but their bag is not re-enforced and I got my HD bag through lakeshore cheaper. I would be inclined by there bag if they had the fuel bottle option along with the bracket though. I am actually going to see if a leather shop here in korea will add the fuel bottle holder to my HD bag.

Old 04-23-2014, 01:04 PM
RadRodriguez
Cruiser

cvaria, I meant the RP bag was out of my budget for a bag that straps on to the bike. I can buy a La Rosa that mounts using straps for $160.

I would prefer to buy a bag that has a hard mounting bracket that attaches to the frame and the bag to that bracket. Only 2 I have found so far is HD and the bolt-on La Rosa. I was hoping to get some feedback from somebody who actually has the La Rosa bolt-on bag on their bike.

Quick Reply: La Rosa Bolt-On Swingarm Bag