"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

late March

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 12:39 PM
hoofnhog
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts
Default late March

Hi guys... sorry about the crazy cold weather you all are getting down there! I posted this in the Southeast section without a response....seems as though you have a pretty active group here... any suggestions would be much appreciated.... if any of you are ever heading Maine/NH ?Laconia bike weeks way I can certainly hook you up! Thanks Dave

Hi.... hoping someone here can help with some great suggestions..... I'm blowing the last two weeks of March off and getting the Hell outta Maine..... I was going to fly to the Southwest and rent a bike but I just cut a deal on a new 2015 FLHTKL, so Ive decided to stuff her in the trailer and drive far enough south to ride for a couple weeks...probably leave from the Charlotte NC area weather dependent... then thinking heading South to FL and then West out along the gulf coast, eventually back to the trailer

So... I would greatly appreciate any suggestions from you guys that ride down there.... good routes, places to stay, things not to miss, good biker bars, etc...... I promise not to bring the 7 feet of snow I have up here with me!!

Old 02-21-2015, 01:10 PM
Rocker NH
Grand HDF Member
Received 6,188 Likes on 1,897 Posts

Dave, just returned from Florida--I highly suggest Key West[can't go wrong]--We stayed at the Blue Marlin.We rode 1550 miles around the state---pics coming once we download everything[some video also] I got great suggestions from the Florida group[awesome actually]. My only regret was I couldn't remember my password to get on forums from my phone so I could let each one know when I was in their area--probably missed some great individuals [and a free beer] We lucked out-only one chilly morning and 1 hr of rain in 12 days.Cafe 27 is biker friendly , can't remember the other ones[of course if you go to Daytona] there are plenty. I,m sure you're going to get some great suggestions---Rocker

Old 02-21-2015, 09:05 PM
hoofnhog
Road Captain

Thanks Rocker!

I'm glad you had a good trip and stayed out of this crappy weather up here..... I rode into Key West in December...flew into Fort Meyers and rented a bike from Six Bends HArley... had a great ride.... this time I'm thinking of heading along the Gulf and go West towards New Orleans and maybe beyond depending on weather.. Other than an Aunt in Winter Haven that I'm planning to see, I have no set plans and two weeks to kill...

Thanks

Old 02-22-2015, 07:12 AM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Route 98 is pretty on the west coast of Fl into the Panhandle.

Old 02-22-2015, 08:19 AM
hoofnhog
Road Captain

Originally Posted by uklauren
Route 98 is pretty on the west coast of Fl into the Panhandle.
I've heard that...... I'll be sure to check it out... looks like it kind of keeps going west along the gulf....

Thanks!!! Dave

Old 02-22-2015, 09:35 AM
Beak
Road Master
Received 284 Likes on 131 Posts

Got friends that do the Thunder on the Beach Rally at the end of April, I haven't made it yet, but everyone comes back and talks about how pretty Panama City and the Destin area are.