"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Dealer or Other Shop Recommendation Near Jacksonville

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 02:12 PM
AtticusFinch
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts
Default Dealer or Other Shop Recommendation Near Jacksonville

I am headed to Jacksonville from San Diego tomorrow. Although my tires have enough tread left that I feel confident they will get me from the Atlantic to the Pacific, I am guessing that I'll be ready to replace that rubber before I head home.

Can the Florida Crew recommend a good place to get new tires in the Jacksonville area?

Old 05-06-2016, 03:27 PM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

There is a place on beach blvd, I think is called cycle gear. The only problem is you have to pre pay for the tires and wait for them to come in. Could take three days....If you can't wait the your only option is Adamecs......The local HD dealer. They will have the tires in stock.....but you pay twice as much for them.

Sure I do buy stuff from Adamecs.....but not my tires.

But then again.....maybe Adamecs gets their tires from the factory and are new as in made a few weeks ago....the other place???could be older and sat in a warehouse or other place for a couple years.... I don't know....but it doesn't matter...I wear out my tires in less than two years anyway....

The mechanic at the independent shop is good and fast. Changed both tires on my sporty in about 45 minutes. Nice and balanced.....

Old 05-07-2016, 09:55 AM
larsfum
Stellar HDF Member
Received 458 Likes on 323 Posts

Cycle Gear is a chain of bike parts stores. I have had them install my last two sets of tires that I purchased elsewhere. They did a good job both times. I think it was about $30 per tire.

You might want to call the local shop, and see if you can pre-order the tires you want, and arrange to have them installed there when you are in town.

Old 05-10-2016, 06:41 AM
AtticusFinch
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

These are good responses. Thank you. Unfortunately I didn't see them soon enough.

I went to Adamec and, remarkably, they did not have the tire in stock (although I had called them last week and they assured me that they did have the tire in stock. For whatever reason, they had sold the tire they told me they had.

The tires were still in good shape, though, so I'll look into changing them out when I get to Houston on the way home.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Old 06-29-2016, 02:13 PM
MojoRison
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Cycles Inc. Folkston GA

Hey guys, I know this is a late reply to the original request but for future reference I recommend King Cycles Inc in Folkston, GA. I just bought an 06 Street Glide about 2 months ago and had new Perelli Night Dragons put on. The owner is an honest guy and has a good reputation. Worth the ride if you have the time.

Old 06-30-2016, 06:05 PM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by larsfum
Cycle Gear is a chain of bike parts stores. I have had them install my last two sets of tires that I purchased elsewhere. They did a good job both times. I think it was about $30 per tire.

You might want to call the local shop, and see if you can pre-order the tires you want, and arrange to have them installed there when you are in town.
I rode by there, it is called cycle image. It's across the street from Open Road Leathers