"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

sound system upgrade info ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 05:58 PM
throttlejunkie
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

will give my report once i do the install and put on some miles.
even stock sounds good in the garage. LOL
total delivered was 725.00.
still stings a little after paying over 200 for not much of a help with the first ones. oh well, now we will know first hand if they are worth a turd or not.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:06 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is that a 4 channel amp Dave?

Old 11-21-2011, 06:21 PM
throttlejunkie
Road Warrior

2 channel. it will power up the fairing spkrs only. the rear i am changing just to have a better speaker back there.
if it's good, it's good. if not i'll return it or just go with the bigger amp and run the front and back. he told me i can go with the bigger amp and do it now, but the smaller speakers in the back can only use a certain amount of what the amp can do anyway.?? i'm no techie, but i'll believe what he said for now.
it would be so much easier if there was a shop that did this and had bikes set up to hear.
saturday can't get here fast enough !!

Old 11-21-2011, 06:29 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by throttlejunkie
2 channel. it will power up the fairing spkrs only. the rear i am changing just to have a better speaker back there.
if it's good, it's good. if not i'll return it or just go with the bigger amp and run the front and back. he told me i can go with the bigger amp and do it now, but the smaller speakers in the back can only use a certain amount of what the amp can do anyway.?? i'm no techie, but i'll believe what he said for now.
it would be so much easier if there was a shop that did this and had bikes set up to hear.
saturday can't get here fast enough !!
I have a 2-channel amp powering my front speakers, but the Infinities I had in there finally gave out. They never sounded that good anyway. I have the stock ones in there for right now and they sound worse. I have been investigating and have had the same trouble as you, no where can you listen, and even if you could it is like you said, they all sound good in the garage.

I am in the exact same spot as you. I have no problem at all forking out the money, but I do want some decent return on my investment in the form of a substantial upgrade over what I have now. I am going to go with a new head unit as well though. Something with a USB and memory card input.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:41 PM
HarleyguyUltra2011
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry I didn't see this post earlier I have the front and rear rokkers and the 250watt amp I live in Parkland and be more then glad to let you listen to the system . I know you all ready ordered the kit but if you like to hear them or need some advise on the install I would be more then glad to help you out .

Old 11-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by HarleyguyUltra2011
Sorry I didn't see this post earlier I have the front and rear rokkers and the 250watt amp I live in Parkland and be more then glad to let you listen to the system . I know you all ready ordered the kit but if you like to hear them or need some advise on the install I would be more then glad to help you out .
Do you have the original head unit? How does it sound going 70 miles an hour down the road? I would have said 80MPH like Dave, but I don't go that fast. I am from Slocala!

Old 11-21-2011, 07:04 PM
throttlejunkie
Road Warrior

appreciate that
what is your opinion on that set up ?

Old 11-21-2011, 07:08 PM
HarleyguyUltra2011
Tourer

Yes I have the original head unit I have the stock exhaust still on the bike Other then having to turn the volume up pretty high I really don't have many complaints . Using a ipod versus the radio is night and day as far as sound .I also spent weeks trying to decide on what system to buy .

It's pretty hard for me to compare sound systems this is the first Harley I've owned with a stereo and my Daily Driver is a Ford Sport truck and the system I installed in that is way over the top .

I really enjoy my music I'm at a point now that I'm thinking I should of bought the 500 watt amp but what I really think the problem it's a Motorcycle and not matter what it's not going to sound as good as a car to much outside interference to put up with other cars loud car exhaust etc .

I can tell you this when I turn it up and pull next to people in cars on the road or stopped I still get plenty of looks . Hope this helps you some you just don't expect this or any other system to really blow your socks off it's a 100% improvement over stock for sure .

Old 11-21-2011, 07:16 PM
throttlejunkie
Road Warrior

Yes I have the original head unit I have the stock exhaust still on the bike Other then having to turn the volume up pretty high I really don't have many complaints . Using a ipod versus the radio is night and day as far as sound .I also spent weeks trying to decide on what system to buy .

It's pretty hard for me to compare sound systems this is the first Harley I've owned with a stereo and my Daily Driver is a Ford Sport truck and the system I installed in that is way over the top .

I really enjoy my music I'm at a point now that I'm thinking I should of bought the 500 watt amp but what I really think the problem it's a Motorcycle and not matter what it's not going to sound as good as a car to much outside interference to put up with other cars loud car exhaust etc .

I can tell you this when I turn it up and pull next to people in cars on the road or stopped I still get plenty of looks . Hope this helps you some you just don't expect this or any other system to really blow your socks off it's a 100% improvement over stock for sure .
i was hoping you were going to say holy crap dave, your gonna love this !!
i guess we'll see what saturday brings.
what are you still doing with stock exhaust anyway ?

Old 11-21-2011, 07:44 PM
HarleyguyUltra2011
Tourer

Originally Posted by throttlejunkie
i was hoping you were going to say holy crap dave, your gonna love this !!
i guess we'll see what saturday brings.
what are you still doing with stock exhaust anyway ?
I all ready have a new head pipe which I gutted and welded back together just need to find some time to install it .This is actually the first Harley I may not do any other major mods to including the exhaust I may replace the mufflers when I find ones that I like . Just some advise on the front speaker install the instructions aren't the best when it comes to mounting the front speakers into the faring and relocated a bracket . Also is you have a bike lift it will help with the install it's the install go a little easier . I should be around most of the week after work if you like to take a listen no a big deal . Let me know if you need me to pop that balloon of yours before you get the new system .

Quick Reply: sound system upgrade info ?